Transformers are essential for many industries and come in varied types. In order to buy a product that will work properly and go for a long time, it is important to inspect it with different methods. Here are some ways of doing the inspection before buying.
- Visual Inspection – In this way, you can check the product with your own eyes and find if it is broken or not. Severe damage to the product could be seen with naked eyes and, you do not need to check any further if the machine is found unsuitable at the primary stage.
- Measure Input And Output – The voltage of the product must be checked. There are several transformers that are made for different purposes and have varied voltage. Hence, it is important to measure the voltage to find out if the product is able to meet your needs or not.
- Checking The Components – A transformer is made up of many components and for a proper, long-term working, it is necessary that all the components must be free of any kind of defect.
These were some ways that are helpful at the time of making the purchase, but a transformer must be inspected time to time for fixing errors if any. Some of the tests that you should be performing from time-to-time to check the workings of your products are:-
- Open-Circuit Test: This test is performed to find any iron losses that might have happened in the machine during the operational period. If done properly and in a regular manner, it can save your machinery to relapse in the near future.
- Short-Circuit Test: It is done to determine any copper loss in the product. This test is extremely helpful and saves the product from any serious loss in the near future.Are you looking for Transformer Manufacturers in India? Contact Trutech Products. We are one of the trusted Three Phase Transformer Manufacturers offer wide range of transformer in different specification.