Teachers spend hours checking it, and students spend hours making it. But do you think there are any advantages of doing homework? It may appear like a burden to teachers and students, but it is extremely important for a student’s growth. There a lot of people who doubt on the effectiveness of homework, but researches have claimed that homework is obligatory.
Homework is defined as an out of class activity which is the extension of what the students have learned in school. It helps to cement in what the students have learned, it helps sink in the thoughts further and thus expanding the knowledge. Listed below are few pointers that would prove homework is important:
1) It immensely improves your child mental ability, and they find themselves thing a lot more than usual.
2) When your child is doing the homework, the parents get the opportunity to know what their child is doing.
3) While doing the homework, your child gets the time to allocate their time properly. They will be able to set a time which would specifically be for their homework
4) It allows your child to have a review of what they have done in their class. And, they will be able to practice the same.
5) It vastly helps your child to develop positive study skills and habits that is going to prove beneficial in the longer run.
6) Independence is what the child should have instilled in themselves since childhood. Homework acts as a stepping stone in it
7) It allows your child to extend learning by applying skills, brain to new situations.
8) Also has the ability to explore the subjects without any time limit.
9) It also encourages students to take responsibility in completing a task.
10) It also prepares the students for the upcoming chapters that are going to be introduced in the class.
There are so many more reasons which prove that homework is extremely important as it builds your child for a better future. Developing homework policies can be tough for teachers as well as students. While implementing these homework policies, one should be careful of the following things:
A) The kind of homework that is most effective
B) The amount of homework which is appropriate
C) Who should be responsible for assigning the works to students.
When all of these answers are known, then the homework has a productive and effective outcome.
This article is written by Linda who is a teacher at Manthan School which is a nursery school in Noida. It has been considered as an excellent pre primary school in Noida, with a great infrastructure.