Executives usually develop plans and implement them to achieve overall long term objectives of the organization. Executive MBA is a post graduate program for professionals having experience in real life work. It helps them to acquaint with the theories and the latest changes that are taking place outside their day to day work. Application of such knowledge will improve upon the organizational efficiency and the bottom line of the organization thereby accelerate their career growth as well.
Salient features of executive MBA course are:
- Students can get flexible learning platform to suit their working hours. As a result, they can carry out the present work and can also study simultaneously.
- The industry linked curriculum will enable the students to implement their specialized knowledge and expertise in their respective fields of work. Again, any doubt arising during the course of implementation can be amply clarified.
- Faculties teaching the course are from different fields of study, hence, any change and development in other fields can be made known to them.
- Peer groups of the course are coming from different industries and fields. So, it would be easy to gain knowledge and experience on other related areas without exerting much effort.
- In modern dynamic world, industries have to adopt and cope up with the technological changes that are taking place frequently. However, there would be a common tendency of resentment among the employees to accept those changes. Proper leadership can be the only solution to overcome such crisis. Executive MBA can help them to acquire true leadership quality to handle this situation.
- Many executives have potentials but cannot execute the work in their workplace properly. Executive MBA will help them to identify reasons of failure and aslo show the ways as to how to overcome them.
Thus, executive MBA is a professional course tailor made to working executives to gain knowledge, skill, and career advancement.
Concept of weekend MBA:
Earning a master’s degree in executive MBA is a stepping stone to progress in the working fields. As a professional, it enriches the efficiency and helps in contributing to the organization’s growth. But the question is the mode towards which it could be studied. Courses can be held on regular basis in the evening for 2-3 hours. Alternatively, extensive classes can be held at weekend when office remains closed.
An executive can attain evening classes if he can leave the working place immediately after the end of normal daily working hours. By attaining the evening classes, he can keep his weekend free for other works and to keep family commitments.
In other method, classes are held on weekend when office work is not required. Students can use their holidays in attaining classes. Alternatively, in other than weekend courses, classes are held on every day after office hours in the evening. So, students, after completing their normal working hours, can come and join the course.
In modern complex working environment, quite often executives have to stay back beyond normal working hours. They cannot attend evening classes on regular basis. So, their study suffers and remains half done and incomplete. Hence,the weekend MBA concept is very effective for them. It is very common to middle level executives and this also helps them to their career growth and retain the leadership position.
Thus, evening executive MBA and weekend executive MBA programmes are similar in value addition but differ only in terms of the timing and target customers.