Winter is coming, this is the right time we all start caring for our skin and body. As it loses the moisture, so soon that’s the reason we apply winter cream and other moisturizers for our body and skin. Yet we drink a lot of water to keep us hydrated. You must be reading the topic again to ensure if it is an insurance blog or beauty one? Same goes with the car caring too. Have you ever thought of pampering your car as you pamper yourself in winter? If yes, it is the best way for you to maintain your car and if not, then follow the tips we are going to give here and be prepared for winter strokes –
- Car Insurance Policy: The first and foremost thing you need to have is to buy car insurance with a reputed insurer. Most preferably opt for comprehensive car insurance without a doubt. Whether it’s winter or any other season, you have to be prepared to tackle unknown incidents and financial loss.
- Drive slowly to reach safely: The most important and basic etiquette is to drive slow and at the speed limit. As this can save you from any unpleasant events like injury or accidental death. Therefore, always be alert while riding your two wheeler as one mistake can lead you to distraction you never imagined of. Winter makes roads wet and damp which leads to the slippery surface which is not suitable for a drive.
- Check and fix your car’s light: When driving in the dull and darkness of winter always keep the beam of light with appropriate visibility. Therefore, it is important to check for the headlights of your car. So, that you can drive well even in low light. Regularly clean your car’s headlights to make it more visible without any disturbance
- Maintain a margin to play safe: Well, driving your car while maintaining a proper distance is always important throughout the season. Because a little mistake can create a disaster that you are going to regret in future.
- Test your battery before you start engine: There is a regular checking needed because it is quite difficult for a battery to operate in cold weather. A battery that is merely weak during the summer could turn into worse. It is advisable to test the volt performance of your car’s battery to ensure better working throughout the winter. Also, you can buy a new battery for smooth performance every time. Prevent your car’s battery from corrosion.
- Check the tire pressure: Like any other part of the car, tire also needs attention as it is the base or limbs of your car. In such chilly weather, the tires start to contract. Although, it can’t get into notice because it’s such a vast system. When the weather gets colder, the air in your tires contract that reduces air pressure. Even, the direct sunlight during the course of the day put an additional imbalance. Therefore, it is important to track the tire pressure as the temperature gets colder. And, if you are driving with low tire pressure, it can lead to a major accident.
- Know your breaks: While driving, brakes are one of the most important systems that assure safety. Due to wet and slippery road conditions during cold weather, the braking distance of your car may increase. During cold weather, the braking distance of your car could increase due to wet and slippery road conditions, raising an alarm for your safety. So, make sure that the brakes of your car are working perfectly without any obstruction.
- Regularly check for engine oil: Before you start your drive in winters, don’t forget to check the engine oil. Even if you are thinking of changing the engine oil, this is the right time. Also, don’t forget to check the radiator coolant and fill it up to the recommended point. The coolant helps in keeping the radiator water from freezing when the temperature drops to 0-degree Celsius or less.
- Be visible for clear vision in fog: When driving in winter you have to face heavy fog that distorts in visibility. And, low visibility turns out into severe accidents without getting any hint. So, to avoid such incidents you should focus on the proper functionality.
- Survival Kit: Apart from all the above mentioned tips for maintaining your car in winters. Carrying survival kit is also on the list you need to keep along with you in the car. A survival kit that includes a medical box and toolkit box. You should keep all the mandatory items in it because it can be used anytime whenever required to fix the uncertain situations.
Final Words, Coming to the conclusion if you want to have a smooth and break-free ride in winters, always keep in mind all the above given tips. It will help get rid of all the possible problems. So, are you ready to face whatever comes your way?