People often talk about cholesterol and the risk it poses in the form of heart diseases. But what people fail to realise is that there are in fact two types of cholesterol in the animal body – one that is good for the body called HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) or “good cholesterol” and the other is the LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) or “bad cholesterol” and it is the latter that people need to be away from. So if you are really looking for ways how to reduce cholesterol you are really looking for ways to get your body free of LDL. This is because HDL actually helps your heart evade a heart attack rather than causing one.
If your question really is how to reduce LDL cholesterol, then below are mentioned some probable answers:
- The first and foremost solution to the problem will be to change the lifestyle. Doctors say that adopting a healthy lifestyle solves half the problems. A few changes in the lifestyle at the start usually does the trick.
- There are medicines available for reducing LDL. These medicines are often prescribed to patients with serious problems of LDL. If you are already prescribed then make sure you take them regularly. Hampering the regularity can pose as a problem.
- You should try to cut down on trans fats usually available in fast foods like pizza, French fries, burgers and even confectioneries like cakes. These trans fats are the main culprits in increasing your blood LDL level at the same time decreasing your good cholesterol in blood. FDA is doing its work to reduce trans fats in foods, you should too.
- Losing a few pounds will do the trick. Getting your body weight to an optimum is the best way to stay fit. So if you are overweight, get a little workout to help decrease weight.
- Get a lot of good exercise. Exercise not only builds up your body to make it aesthetically pleasing but also helps you stay fit. To help your heart evade a bad disease try to stay fit as much as possible.
- It always helps to eat a lot of fibres. Apples, beans should be included in your diet. These help in absorbing the LDLs in your body.
- Non vegetarians should add more fish in their diets. Fishes also contain good fatty acids that are rich in Omega 3. They also help reduce saturated fats in the body. So it is always a win-win with the fishes.
A very good way to help control LDL in body is to switch to Nutralite. It is the perfect spread made for perfect health. It comes with 0% cholesterol, 0 trans fats, 0 carbs. It is rather a healthy package of vitamins like A,D and E, MUFA, PUFA and Omega 3 fatty acids.