Usually with -ber months, Filipinos think of Christmas. But not so fast, nowadays we celebrate Halloween. Kids go on trick or treating and adults go to Halloween costume parties. Surely you will need a costume that’s definitely worth an outfit post on IG. Here are six tips to consider on how to pick the perfect Halloween costume.
1. Plan ahead. The perfect costume needs to be planned in advance. It might even get overwhelming from the variety of choices out there which is why you need to sort it out so you know which one to pick.
2. Know your style. As much as possible, your Halloween costume should be reflective of your personal style as well. Is your style sexy? Cute? Classic? From there, you can choose from the different characters that suit your style.
3. Avoid costumes that might be considered offensive. In this age where cultural appropriation exists, avoid costumes that portray other cultures in a bad light. Stay away from Native American costumes, Indian costumes, geisha costumes or kimonos, or other costumes that is symbolic of one’s culture. There are so many possibilities out there so you will not ran out of choices.
4. Try referencing pop culture. Stuck on what to wear? How about emulating your favourite pop diva? Or a famous character? Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany’s, perhaps? These costumes are fun, people will know who it is, and it’s not offensive.
5. Consider a group costume. If you’re going out with your friends, how about you plan your costumes too? You can be characters from a TV shows or stick to a theme. It’ll definitely make it more fun too.
6. Have fun with it. No matter what costume you have decided on, work it and have fun! Halloween only comes once a year so better make the best out of it.
Always remember that during parties, pics or it didn’t happen. So make sure to bring your camera or smartphone to take outfit photos and party photos as well. 🙂
For more information like this, visit http://itssomarkness.blogspot.com/