Is your e-commerce store falling behind the competition? Have you considered upgrading to Magento 2 but worry about the hassle? Migrating your store to the latest platform doesn’t have to be painful.
Read on to learn how seamless upgrade services can make the process smooth and risk-free. Upgrading to feature-rich Magento 2 comes with numerous benefits for merchants, from improved performance and SEO to newer features and security updates.
However, tackling a DIY migration can be time-consuming and prone to issues. This is where specialized migration services come in, leveraging expert skills and advanced tools, they streamline the entire upgrade so you can focus on your core operations.
Key Features Of Magento 2
Magento 2 comes packed with powerful features to provide merchants with a flexible, scalable e-commerce platform poised for growth. The latest Magento edition introduces major upgrades across all aspects of running an online store.
- Enhanced admin interface – It provides a user-friendly and customizable backend to manage stores, with drag & drop tools, predefined forms, and accessible menus to streamline day-to-day operations.
- Improved performance – Magento 2 implements full page caching, superior indexation and efficient code to boost site speeds by 50-60% for better conversion rates.
- Robust security – It safeguards stores with two-factor authentication, encryption, malware detection, secure data storage, regular patches and stringent compliance to prevent vulnerabilities.
- SEO and marketing capabilities – Built-in SEO tools like meta information management, site search engine, and URL redirects help maximize organic traffic. Marketing features like gift registries, email templates and linked product recommendations further raise engagement.
- Omnichannel experiences – Native integration of POS system, drop shipping, order fulfillment and B2B functionality facilitates unified shopping across online/offline channels. Customers can conveniently switch between desktop, mobile and tablet for purchases.
Challenges with older Magento versions
Running outdated Magento 1 sites comes with significant drawbacks for merchants that can severely impact business growth. Being built on now obsolete Zend 1 and PHP 5.6 technology, Magento 1 suffers from considerable technical debt. This makes the older platform inherently unstable, and vulnerable to performance lags and sudden site crashes when traffic spikes. With an unsupported code base, merchants also struggle to patch security vulnerabilities in a timely manner, facing increased infrastructure and customer data threats.
- Technical debt – Magento 1 relies on older PHP technology like Zend 1 that has reached end-of-life. This makes the platform unstable and vulnerable to performance lags, security threats and third-party extension failures. Continued maintenance becomes challenging.
- Lack of support – Official patches, updates and support resources for Magento 1 have been discontinued by Adobe. This leaves merchants to fend for themselves to fix issues, without expert help.
- Revenue leaks – Compared to updated platforms like Magento 2, legacy editions lead to suboptimal customer experiences. Cart abandonment rates go up due to poor site speeds, while outdated features limit conversions. SEO visibility also takes a hit.
- Growth hurdles – With innovations in e-commerce constantly shaping buyer expectations, older Magento versions soon have limiting capabilities. Merchants struggle to tap into emerging technologies like PWA, machine learning, omnichannel commerce etc. to expand their customer base.
Faced with these roadblocks, an upgrade to new Magento editions becomes essential for merchants to remain competitive.
Case studies of businesses that successfully migrated to Magento 2
- Specialty AV equipment retailer serving B2B and B2C segments
- Migrating to Magento 2 in 2017 unified enterprise catalogue and achieved 99.5% in-stock accuracy
- Realized 39% increase in mobile revenue within 5 months of the upgrade
- Australian bed and mattress brand
- Leveraged Magento 2 migration in 2020 to introduce more immersive unified shopping across online/offline stores
- Achieved 113% sales jump in 2020 despite COVID store closures
- Leading manufacturer and distributor of interior doors in the US
- Upgraded to Magento 2 in 2018 to centralize digital operations and replace Magento 1 storefront
- Delivered 22% more productivity from fewer resources while growing online revenue by 65%
- Portuguese wool textiles and clothing brand
- Moved to Magento 2 and PWA in 2019 to boost global expansion
- Web sessions improved by 115% YOY post-upgrade along with bigger order sizes
- Fortune Global 500 German automotive company
- Consolidated legacy systems into a Magento-based B2B e-commerce site in the EMEA region
- Achieved a single view of customer data across channels to enhance experience
Transitioning to Magento 2 via specialized migration services can turbocharge merchant growth. The latest Magento edition sets new benchmarks for security, performance and innovation capabilities. Seamless migration through expert partners future-proofs the technology stack while minimizing business disruption.
As evidenced by successful upgrades across industries, a move to Magento 2 translates to higher conversion rates, revenues and customer retention over the long term. Investing in migration also opens up new opportunities for geographic, segment and channel expansion. With the clock ticking on Magento 1 end-of-support, merchants must act now to undertake data-driven upgrades.
The examples clearly showcase that a well-planned migration can not only amplify ROI from existing operations but also provide a springboard to take e-commerce achievements to newer heights. The new Magento 2 platform builds the foundation for continued innovation to excel in competitive retail. By partnering with specialized services, merchants can transform customer experiences and unlock new dimensions of business growth.