Maharashtra – Common Entrance Test (MH-CET) is a test conducted yearly by the State CET Cell of the Government of Maharashtra. It is necessary to clear this exam to get admission to first-year full-time degree courses of Health Sciences (MBBS, BAMS, BDS, BUMS, BP&O, BPTh, BHMS, BOTh, BASLP, BSc. Nursing and B.V.Sc. & AH) and Technical Education (Pharmacy and Pharm. D, Technology & Engineering).
MH-CET was stopped in the year 2013. After a 2-year long gap of accepting JEE Mains scores, the examination has been revived in the year 2018. Apart from joining good MH-CET coaching classes, here are few tips which will help you to crack this exam.
Best Tips to Enhance Your Preparation for MH-CET: –
- MH-CET shouldn’t create much of a problem to candidates that are already preparing for other competitive exams like JEE Mains and Advanced. This is because the exam has been and is expected to be a little lower in difficulty level as compared to JEE Mains.
- It is essential to know the syllabus well. CBSE applicants should find out for the topics which are not covered in CBSE and study them thoroughly. Specifically, in the case of Physics, one finds that topics like Semiconductors, Interference and Waves have little extra theory that must be prepared individually.
- The Chemistry exam of MH-CET is said to be easy as that compared to most standards. Direct questions based on equations and reactions are bound to come, and having them imprinted in your mind will assist you save a lot of time during the exam. It is a good idea if you keep a handbook that comprises all the formulae and equations during preparation. Make sure to note down a new formula in this book whenever you come across one and also to revise all the formulas at end of each day.
- At the time of your preparation, divide the available time evenly among all subjects. All the subjects will have roughly the same weight-age in relation to qualifying marks. Biology needs a lot of revision as even minor facts from any corner of the syllabus can be asked. As the syllabus is vast, it is good thought if aspirants commence to prepare for Biology at least 5-6 months prior the date of exam.
- Research has found that most of the students face problems dealing with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) even if they have prepared properly. Practice in solving MCQs can prove to be a great assistance in this cause. Solving MCQs from the different practice books available in the market can be a wise decision.
- Don’t forget to solve the previous year’s papers as well as sample papers for MH-CET 2019. It would give you a rough idea of how the paper can be. Timing your examination sessions to 3 hours and simulating exam day conditions can also prove to be the best exercise while preparing for the exam.
- MH-CET Mathematics exam has been seen to be lengthy most of the time. So it is necessary that you enhance your speed-solving skills. Solve as many questions as possible prior to the exam, and ensure to progressively raise your speed by making note of timing used to solve each problem.
Always know that it’s the best practice to routinely take breaks from preparation as this will assist in releasing all that accumulated tension as well as stress. This quality might prove to be very useful when the exam day comes.