Issues while accessing the QB application can be a result of some common error messages like the QuickBooks keeps crashing error. This scenario can prevent users from running essential data file functions and can occur due to some recurring scenarios, like a damaged INI file or troublesome hard drive sectors. If you encounter the QuickBooks Desktop keeps crashing error, you can perform the effective steps below to tackle the issue.
You can reach out to our team of QB technicians at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate help with the crashing problems in the app if the detailed steps below seem too challenging or complicated to undertake.
QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Closing: Main Reasons and Scenarios
The “QuickBooks keeps crashing” problem may be caused by any of the following common causes and potential contributing factors:
- The company file you are trying to access in QuickBooks might have a name longer than the character limit, and it might contain extra spaces or additional characters.
- Essential files, like the INI file, might not be running correctly, and these files might be damaged, corrupted, or missing, leading to registration issues.
- The hard drive sectors might be damaged or broken, and the drive might not have sufficient space to sustain QuickBooks and the program files properly.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop might not be correctly installed, and the installation files might be damaged, corrupted, or improper, which can cause application access problems in the system.
- Your current Windows OS version might be old, outdated, or discontinued, which can lead to compatibility problems while running the latest QB features.
Recommended to read : How to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106
Convenient Steps to Terminate the QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly Error Message
If your QuickBooks starts to open then closes, you can undertake the following troubleshooting steps to eliminate the issue –
Step 1 – Run the Quick-Fix Utility from the Tool Hub to Repair the Application Damage
You can tackle the QB keeps crashing error by running the tool hub features to fix the application problems.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by downloading the utility from Intuit and go to the Program Problems section to choose the Quick Fix My Program Tool option.
- Once selected, run the tool to detect and repair the application damage, and once done, rerun QuickBooks to check if the frequent crashing problems are dismissed.
Step 2 – Manually Upgrade QuickBooks by Resetting the Updates from the Help Tab
Issues while accessing QB and performing essential functions can be fixed by upgrading the app from the help menu.
- Right-click the QB Desktop icon to choose the Run as Admin option, enter the login credentials, then hit Enter and go to the Help menu.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option to navigate to the Update window and choose Get Updates, then download the most recent updates by selecting the Download Now option.
- Lastly, rerun QuickBooks once the download process is complete to hit the Install Now button and access the upgraded features.
The QuickBooks keeps crashing error can be successfully removed by following the detailed solutions above. If these steps aren’t working and the crashing problems persist, you can call our QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get the best guidance with the error.
You may read also : How to fix QuickBooks Password Crack