In today’s world, electronic devices are of great help whether we are in school, office or at home. They are designed to make our life easier. Gone are the days of computers, two of the most commonly used devices these days are laptops and tablets.
Laptops have given us the benefit of portability which allows us to work on the go and communicate with others no matter how far they are from us. In fact, works and meetings can also be done without going to the office as long as you have a laptop and an internet connection. There is a wide variety of laptops available in the market today which are designed based on varied users.
Other than the normal laptops, you can also find a military grade laptop which is highly durable and can survive in extreme weather conditions. For people who look for a more light weight and affordable option, industrial tablet is the solution for them. Laptop is a great way to store all your files, however, the amount of space you get is limited. But, there are a few simple things that one can do to increase the storage space.
5 Ways to increase storage space in your laptop:
1. External Hard Drives– the most common solution is to use an external hard drive as they offer the biggest storage increase you can give to your device. They are portable and makes the transfer of secure data easy.
2. Cloud storage– this shifts the job of storing files to someone else’s hard drive that is accessed over the internet. This method is secure, and the data stored in cloud cannot be lost or stolen.
3. Add a solid-state drive– an SSD is a type of data drive that uses flash memory instead of spinning metal disks found in HDD. They are like a massive USB which read and write data faster, draw less power and also help to extend battery life.
4. USB sticks – USB sticks are another option to increase the storage capacity although you will not get the same capacity as that from a hard drive, but they are compact and can easily fit into your pockets.
5. SD cards– if your laptop have a SD card slot, then this is a preferred choice over USB drives. SD cards are a more practical option as they can be left inside the device which reduces the chance of losing the same as compared to a USB.
Laptops are one of those things in our lives these days that we cannot just do without. If you work in a condition that require a sturdy device, chances are that you require a military grade laptop. However, your ability to fully utilize the machine can be limited due to the want of extra disk space. There are several ways to solve this, some of which are mentioned above.
An alternative for a sturdy laptop would be an industrial tablet which allows you the added benefit of being able to work better on the go, if you value mobility more over available specifications. At the end of the day, it is how you make use of the device and how you maintain it, that determines its efficiency.