Have you ever felt that your sofa cushion is becoming smaller by the day? Well, it actually would if you haven’t bought a good quality cushion for your fabric sofa. The cushions are the life of a sofa. The right choice of fabric sofa cushion can make you melt away in it and take you to the epitome of comfort. On the other hand, a poor quality cushion will make you hate the sofa.
When you are investing good quality fabric sofas or velvet sofas, you should also take note of the quality of the cushion it has. Some cushions may look all fluffy and comfy for the first few years but would soon become thinner and cause discomfort. To help you choose the right fabric sofa cushion, here are the necessary details for you.
The Types of Cushions for Fabric Sofas
We know the different varieties of wood for the sofa, but a few are ignorant about the choices you have in the cushion types. To open your eyes on the options you have, here it is – the three main fabric sofa cushions and its behaviors.
The All-Foam Cushion
This is the best choice of cushion if you are looking for a firm sofa.
- No fluffing needed – Sometimes, when you sit on the sofa for a long time and get up, you may notice that the cushion has compressed a bit in the place where you sat. However, with the all-foam cushion, you don’t have this problem. Once you have gotten up from the sofa, the cushion will rise to its original position without any need of fluffing it manually.
- High density – The all-foam cushion of a fabric sofa is made up of high-density foam at its center followed by a convoluted foam and finally a cover by a polyester wrap. High-density foams have better life and therefore, these cushions are best for those who are for a one-time buy cushion.
- No worry of wrinkles – Since the cushion is constructed with a tighter coverage of fabric, there will be no wrinkles no matter how much you move around on the sofa. Just look at this grey fabric sofa in the picture and you will know what we are talking about.
The Spring Down Cushion
The spring down cushions is one of the comfy sofa cushions that come with less maintenance.
- Resilient spring – The sofa cushion is made up of coiled springs at its core around which there are set of foams which are wrapped by polyester fiber. Because of the placement of the spring in the cushion, the sofa doesn’t squish down too much.
- Comfortable Experience – Because of the placement of the foam and the spring, you can feel yourself seep into the sofa. This spring down cushion is best for those who prioritize the softness of the sofa more than anything else.
- Requires fluffing – Unlike the all-foam cushion, the spring down requires fluffing the sofa after getting up. Because of the position of the spring, it can hold its shape to an extent but requires regular fluffing to maintain the soft and comfy feel.
The Down Plush Cushion
The down plush cushions are hands-down the softest cushions for fabric sofas. These are the cushions that you will find in these luxurious modular fabric sofas.
- Thin foam core – The down plush cushions have a thin foam core which is covered by a layer of polyester fiber which is again wrapped around in a poly-fiber blend of high thickness.
- Sinking soft – Because of this composition, one can practically sink into the cushion and even have a sound sleep here without hurting the back.
- Constant fluffing – Due to its soft nature, these cushions need to be fluffed constantly. Else, they will be completely flattened out and won’t recover on its own even if one has sat on it for just a few minutes.
How to Test the Fabric Sofa Cushions?
There is only one way to know if this cushion in the fabric sofa is suitable for your needs – to sit on it and test it out. When you are looking to buy a fabric sofa, sit on the sofa and check the durability and the returning of the fluffiness of the cushions.
Make sure to sit on the sofa for a long time to check if the extent to which the cushion can return to its normal position and its ability to hold the proper shape. Also, when you sit on the sofa, you can see how deep the cushion sinks in, which is another deciding factor to buy the sofa.
Keep in mind that the life of the cushions may not be as high as the life of the sofas. Therefore, change your cushions periodically instead of the sofas to enjoy complete comfort within a budget.
Are you looking to buy fabric sofas with the softest and comfiest cushions you have ever experienced? Head to your nearest Koala Living Store or place an order online and get your fabric sofa delivered within a week.