This article is going to give a detailed guideline on how to develop a fleet management app, which can make vehicle tracking effortless.
The companies that depend on transportation in business, get benefitted from fleet management. How? Well, to optimise or eliminate the risks corresponding to the investment for vehicles, performance improvement, the output along with reducing the cost for staffing and the entire transportation.
Suppose a company has only five to ten vehicles. Then you can easily do the fleet management manually. Now, suppose the number of vehicles is over a thousand! Can you imagine the workload?
You will mostly face three problems if you are still trying to manage your fleets manually even if the total vehicle number is this huge.
- First, it will be difficult to regulate fleet fuel cost
- Secondly, you will have problems reaching your driver when needed.
- Lastly, there will be difficulties to file an insurance claim if a disaster occurs.
Here is how you can use mobile app development to your fleet management business benefits. Introduce the following features in your fleet management business app.
TRS (Track Reducing Software) removes the need for planning routine manually. Along with developing more efficient tracks, it helps to optimise waiting time that will help in saving the fuel costs and extending the lifetime of the vehicle.
In the case of manual planning, you cannot ignore the chances of human errors, inabilities to adjust routes in real-time, problems of limited visibility, and inabilities to give updated information.
With a dedicated app, all these problems can be managed easily.
It helps to locate the vehicle and ensures the driver’s productivity, efficiency, and obviously, safety. The GPS technology will allow to:
- Get an overview of the driver’s behaviour profile. You will get a scorecard depending on the car velocity, rough stopping, rough cornering along with other parameters of unsafe driving
- View the current as well as previous activity
- Upgrade driver’s internal communication by helping them in checking final stoppage, ETA etc.
Offer clients real-time ETAs
With an app having route software and GPS tracker, you will get live updates of the present GPS address in every second. You can send it to the clients as well.
Improve fleet performance
The fleet management app will let you get an overview of all the key parameters and will also help you in implementing various strategies to augment the fleet’s activity.
You will be able to check the time spent by the driver at every stop, deviation from the designated route, unplanned idle time, delays in departure and arrival etc.
Other than the above-mentioned features, you should consider utilising the fleet management app development
- To introduce and implement safe protocols for drivers
- To store database having customers’ details like a signature, image, notes, word files etc. for a long time
- To provide software, which can give an alert when the driver exceeds the speed limit along with other things.
These kinds of features are important for unplanned events like accidents or sickness on the roads.
If your fleet business still does not have an app, get in touch with any trusted app development firm in Australia to get a dedicated fleet management app.
Cameron McCaughey is an expert in iPhone and iPad app development in Sydney. He is presently working with Visions & Solutions and leading a team of skilled mobile app developers in Australia. With years of experience, he has catered industry-specific businesses to reach a broader target audience with smart iOS apps for all kinds of iOS devices. He loves to dig new technologies and share his experience through different tech-writeups.