How Can The Smartwatch Act As A Fitness Tracker
Wearables in the form of smart watches in India are slowly but surely making their presence felt. There is a distinct gravitation of people towards smartwatches today. This is because people are finally wizening up to the advantages of the same.
Some of the important advantages and benefits that create a positive impact on the daily life of people especially those who are in the corporate sector or self-employed professionals are:
- Ability to stay connected always,
- Notifications and alerts are always available on the wrist,
- Never miss a call,
- Can be used to track smartphones,
- Ability to send a call to voicemail or send preloaded sms if busy,
- Acts as a fitness tracker,
- Helps to organise workflow and keep schedules etc.
The best android smartwatch will have all of the above features and additionally will also be able to help users with navigation, watch movies and even listen to music, get personalised information about the health of the user etc. The fact that all this is available just on a user’s wrist is a commendable characteristic of the smartwatch.
However, the biggest benefit of using a smartwatch is its ability to act as a health tracker. It can function as the best fitness band by counting the number of steps walked or jogged, the amount of calories taken and burnt, measuring the pulse rate, heart rate etc. But in order to ensure that the smartwatch actually has the required features for enabling a person to get personalised health information about himself, he needs to keep the following points in mind when buying a smartwatch like:
- Design: Since the android smartwatch is to be worn around the wrist care should be taken to choose a design which:
- Ensures easy accessibility,
- Good visibility,
- Stylish to look at and
- Easy to navigate.
- Water resistant: Since the android smartwatch is a multifunctional gadget which also functions as the best fitness tracker, people who are sincerely health conscious and exercise freaks should be able to wear it at all times. This also includes wearing it while taking a shower or while swimming thereby ensuring that proper tracking of the desired health goals is achieved. Thus the android smartwatch cum fitness tracker definitely needs to be waterproof or water resistant.
- Features: The health tracking features that are available in the smartwatch should be wisely considered and checked. It is necessary for these features to be in sync with the goals one sets for himself by way of maintaining a perfectly healthy lifestyle. Some extra and special features also associated with the fitness tracker are:
- Monitoring sleep both for quality and quantity,
- Steps taken throughout the day,
- Estimation of calories burnt,
- Flight of stairs climbed,
- Act as an altimeter and as a standard accelerator,
- Function as an optimal heart rate monitor etc.
To be one of the best android smartwatch, it has to sync with the smartphone possessed by the user and also act as an accurate tracker for fitness and health. It is presence of all the features mentioned above which ensure that the user gets value for money when he opts to buy a smartwatch.
Leave a Reply