What is a High-Risk Pregnancy?
Dr Shraddha Galgali is one of the best high-risk pregnancy specialists in Punawale, Pune. A high-risk pregnancy is one that develops complications that could threaten the health of the mother or baby and needs special care and monitoring will be required for the mother. Dr Shraddha Galgali is one of the best female gynecologists in Punawale in which multidisciplinary care for women and newborns who have complications identified before or during pregnancy.
Once you get diagnosed with a high-risk pregnancy, it is natural to get flustered. The treatment options vary depending on your medical history and the risk factors associated with your pregnancy. Women with PCOD have an increased risk of complications during pregnancy compared to normal women. The risk factor associated with high-risk pregnancies puts you at risk of developing high blood pressure complications and gestational diabetes.
The risk factor associated with high-risk pregnancies puts you at risk of developing high blood pressure complications and gestational diabetes.
High Blood Pressure:
A high-risk pregnancy can open up the pandora’s box to various cardiovascular and autoimmune diseases. It is crucial to manage high blood pressure using a combination of medication and lifestyle changes during your pregnancy. Your gynecologist may suggest specific diet and exercise changes to help keep your blood pressure under control
Gestational diabetes is associated with a high-risk pregnancy that usually resolves independently. While gestational diabetes lasts only during your pregnancy, it puts you at serious risk of developing diabetes in the long term. Your doctor will suggest some diet changes and curate a treatment plan for you and your infant post-gestational diabetes.
Some essential tips to keep in mind post-diagnosis with gestational diabetes include:
- Keep track of your blood sugar level and take steps to control it. Once you have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, it is crucial to track your blood sugar levels multiple times a day.
- Maintain a record of diet, exercise, and blood sugar levels.
- Eat a well-balanced diet to maintain blood sugar levels. Consuming a low carbohydrate diet with meals spread throughout the day helps keep sugar influx under control.
- Take steps to maintain a healthy weight by consulting your dietician and adhering to your diet plan. Monitor your weekly rate of weight gain to maintain it proactively.
Your gynecologist may prescribe medication to regulate your blood sugar and blood pressure levels. An oral hypoglycemic tablet or insulin can help you manage gestational diabetes under your medical provider’s supervision.
Steps To Promote A Healthy Pregnancy:
Even during pregnancy, you can take certain steps to reduce the risk of specific problems:
- Take at least 400 micrograms of folic acid and other critical prenatal vitamins before and during pregnancy.
- Steer clear of nicotine, alcohol, and illegal drug consumption.
- Maintain a healthy weight, consume a nutrient-rich diet, and exercise regularly.
- Schedule prenatal care appointments early during pregnancy and visit an experienced healthcare provider to monitor your progress and reduce the risk of potential complications.
Management of High-Risk Pregnancies At Dr. Shraddha’s Excella Womens Wellness Clinic:
Dr. Shraddha’s Excella Women’s Wellness Clinic is a multidisciplinary hospital equipped with a highly qualified and experienced team of specialists from all sections. Our high-risk team of gynecologists offers a concurrent holistic spectrum of care to manage high-risk pregnancies throughout gestation, parturition, and beyond to protect both you and your baby. Dr. Shraddha’s Excella Women’s Wellness Clinic is one of the Best Maternity clinics in Punawale, Pune.
- Shraddha’s Excella Womens Wellness Clinic Advantages – All Under One Roof:
- Personal labor and delivery rooms offer a secure setting for childbirth.
- Intuitive painless labor techniques using analgesic and breathing techniques.
- Intensive care unit.
- State-of-the-art medical equipment dedicated to gynecology.
- Early pregnancy assessment and diagnosis.
- Neonatal intensive care.
- Laboratory medicine.
- Round-the-clock accessibility to blood bank services.
- Interventional radiology.
- Emergency Help.
Request an Appointment:
For more information about our comprehensive treatment options, or to request an appointment with the best maternity centers in Punawale and Pimpri Chinchwad. call 9923956515 or Click on Book Appointment for online booking with your nearest hospital.