If you are wondering how to reduce LDL cholesterol then a few changes in your lifestyle can help and keep you away from cholesterol-lowering medications. It can also improve the effect of your medicines and improve your quality of life. It is better to take preventive measures to limit cholesterol build up in your body, and lifestyle changes are the best way to prevent heart diseases caused due to LDL cholesterol build up.
1. Weight Loss- This is one step that you must take seriously in order to reduce excessive cholesterol levels in your body. You will be able to accomplish this task by cutting down on at least 5-10% of the body weight. You should also limit your daily food consumption and ensure that you consume good cholesterol foods on a daily basis.
2. Trans Fat Elimination- These are majorly contained in the baked and fried goodies that we cannot resist often! These include the likes of crackers and other cookies as well. You should refrain from purchasing items that are even classified as free from trans fats. This is because food items which have lower than 0.5% levels of trans fat can be given this labelling.
3. Lowering intake of cholesterol- You should attempt to consume good cholesterol foods to the tune of at least 300 mg each day. In case you suffer from diabetes or heart disease, this can be cut down to 200 mg. Cholesterol is majorly found in egg yolk, organ meat and products made from whole milk. You should lower your intake of these things and consume only lean meat along with substitutes for egg and skimmed milk.
4. Consuming Vegetables & Fruits- In case you are thinking how to reduce LDL cholesterol, you should consume fruits and vegetables on a daily basis since they come with high fiber that benefits your body. Having whole fruits is a good idea in this regard.
5. Omega 3 Fatty Acid consumption- You can count on omega 3 rich items to reduce levels of bad cholesterol. Fishes such as mackerel and even salmon are loaded with these beneficial Omega 3 Fatty Acids and so are items like walnuts, flaxseed and almonds. This is how to reduce bad cholesterol without trying too hard.
Your question how to reduce bad cholesterol should be answered by now. Switch to Nutralite products for more beneficial results.