Why go for an EMBA?
The changing dynamics in the global business landscape demands the acquisition of strategic knowledge and understanding of a corporate structure and functionalities. EMBA aims at delivering these skill sets to the motivated and determined professionals aspiring to climb their way up the corporate ladder. The potential candidates will experience the advantages of a salary hike, promotion, enhanced performance, creation of a profitable business venture and team management strategies that would benefit the employer as well. Besides, an EMBA inculcates the value of assuming and delivering social responsibility as an elemental value of a business graduate. The top business schools in China like that of CEIBS (China Europe International Business School) rewards their students’ altruistic behavior by giving away Social Responsibility Award for outstanding charitable performances to the EMBA students who have demonstrated social participation in terms of fighting injustice or disaster, environmental activities or donation made. This effort is geared toward generating awareness that an EMBA program is more integral to the societal paradigm we live in, as opposed to just being an expensive degree for the privileged community. Most importantly, the working professionals need not sacrifice their full-time jobs in pursuing this degree. It is recommended that the newly minted graduates should rather opt for an EMBA as opposed to a regular MBA and here are the advantages you should consider.
Executive MBA: The Advantages
- Recruiters and employers prefer the individuals with an Executive MBA degree as opposed to the regular MBA degree holders. They consider the employee’s added work experience and the embedded knowledge of the business domain as an added advantage.
- Admission to a regular MBA programme requires clearing the competitive tests like XAT, CAT which is followed by another round of complicated filtering process. Admission to an EMBA, on the other hand, requires the GMAT scores which is valid for up to 3-4 years, Hence, the admission process to the course is flexible and convent for an aspirant.
- EMBA graduates need not appear for the mandatory entrance exams in certain organizations. Some of the reputed corporate houses make it an absolute for all the candidates to take the entrance test. The EMBA degree holders are mostly exempted from this process.
- You can retain your full-time job in order to pursue this career advancement degree program. Most of the companies are willing to let their candidates take time off to complete this program. Upon its completion, you would be greeted with a promotional prospect and a salary hike.
- You will learn a skilled application of the business knowledge that will manifest an enhanced work performance in your current/ future workplace. Initiation of business innovation models, better networking strategies, reaching out on the global paradigm of business development, appropriate leadership strategies and training methodologies are some of the performance impacts that would benefit you and your organization.
- Most importantly, enrolling in for an Executive MBA does not require an age limit. You should explore the liberty of expanding your resource values and skills through a professional course that will internationalize your job profile.
Therefore, the flexibility of the study models, coupled with advanced curriculum and specialization will undoubtedly provide you with a set of practical exposures vital to your executive knowledge base.