Planning a tour with la tomatina festival packages? If yes, this post is especially for you.
How la tomatina festival has started?
In Spain, ‘la tomatina’ (tomato fight) festival is being celebrated. Today is its 72nd anniversary. Let us know that this festival is celebrated in Spain on the last Wednesday of August every year. More than 22 thousand people have joined this year. The La tomatina Festival was first introduced in 1945 when some young people sat in the capital city of Spain. When the police went ahead to stop them, the youth attacked the vegetables and fruits from the nearby vegetable shops and attacked them. From here onwards, ‘la tomatina’ has been celebrated.
What’s so special about La Tomatina festival?
Tomato fights in Spain are a very popular festival here. About 250,000 pounds of tomatoes are used in this fight. During fest, people fiercely fight against tomatoes on each other. People do not hurt, so the tomatoes are beaten by the first hand. Apart from this, no one is allowed to tear off each other’s clothes. People come from every corner of the world to join the fest; you can get la tomatina packages at most affordable rates. Because of their number being in the millions, now the ticket system has been started here. In 2002, it was declared a Festivity of International Tourist Interest.
Some interesting facts about la Tomatina fest:
- This is the biggest food fight festival that is sanctioned by state where 40,000 enthusiasts arrived. Here, everyone throw tomatoes at each other.
- This fight has started when a man started throwing vegetables on his group.
- In 1950, food fights has been banned but it got started again on the demand of residents.
- Apart from just tomato fight, la tomatina includes some other crazy words as well like Massive parades, Fireworks and Cooking contests in the Spanish town.
- The weight of tomatoes used is 1,50,000 that are of low quality and inferior in taste came up from Extremedura that are specially grown for this purpose.
- It takes place on the last Wednesday of august between 10 AM and 11PM that starts out with the ham on a pole requires upper body strength.
- The festival was free till year 2013 but after this it gets paid. Get yours la tomatina tour packages by us at affordable rates.
- Once the fight ends, streets become cleaner just because of the acidic nature of tomatoes that acts as disinfectant.
Rules for La Tomatina festival:
- Never bring bottle or hard objects as they may cause accidents or hurt other peoples. Don’t rip other participant’s clothes.
- Tomatoes are meant to be squashed before throwing just to reduce the force.
- Keep appropriate distance from the Lorries. Second horn means it’s the time to stop throwing tomatoes.
- Wear glasses to prevent your eyes from being hurt by anyone.
- Don’t even try to hurt or misbehave with anyone in any manner.