Different functions call for different types of service. Let it be a dinner party at your home or a special event, choosing the right catering service is essential if you want to make your event successful. All that you need to do is plan for your catering needs and do some research to find a good provider.
This article will guide you with some best and easy tips, how to find and choose the best catering service that guarantees success for your event.
Points to Prepare before You find a Catering Provider:
Even before choosing a right service you will need to understand and plan your catering needs. To do this, create a basic list that you will want to want consider for your event.
- Confirm the Date and Time of Your Event- To ensure your party date as well as to reserve the service date and contract.
• An approximate calculation of your budget and head count. To save unnecessary expenditures.
• Fix the location where your event will be conducted. This is as important as choosing your Menu list.
• Menus: Types of Foods, vegetarian/non-Vegan, special dietary requirements?
• Catering Equipment. The number of chairs, tables, fabric etc…
• Decoration – Flowers, table settings etc..You can make your event more special with a well thought-out decoration.
Once you sort out the above list, you will get a clear idea on your catering needs and thus can choose the right and best caterer. By taking support from the above ideas, it is now the time to do some Research to find a reliable catering service provider who can accommodate the best catering service.
Research & Recommendations:
Catering services offer a wide range of products and services. Before you directly contact their services, you need to do some research to ensure you can run the event successfully by using them.
There are several best methods to get a good list of catering services.
- Ask your friends or your family and colleagues. Find what they are recommending.
• Take the help of Search Engines. You will find many un-biased reviews to several catering service providers. Create a list of catering services companies based on the highest number of reviews. (Tip -Use Search Near…form in your Google search by placing your location)
• Get a quote from several different catering firms in your region.
Once you have created and sorted out the list from the above methods, you need to ask some questions and few observations to find the right one.
Questions you will want to get answers from Catering Providers:
Are they able to set and accommodate Menus according to your needs?
- What do they use in cooking dishes: Fresh or frozen foods?
• Does they provide sample taste test? Free or chargeable?
• Can they provide both buffet & sit down dinner?
• What is the cost and what “exactly” is included (and not included) in the cost?
While the above questions give general information about the catering provider, you can also ask some smart questions like these:
- How long the catering service has been providing the services? Useful to find their reliability.
• What is the maximum size of group/event/people have they catered before? Very useful when you have a large number of people attending your function.
• What is their Catering staff attire? This is Important if you want to make your party thematic.
• Will they handle leftovers?
All these questions can easily finalize a right caterer to your event. Once you have decided on your event caterer, it’s time to get contract agreement which summarizes: the whole menu items, Time and the expenses/charges you will pay, including any extra charges involved.