Canada Express Entry Visa Program
Until January 2015, Canada invited skilled professionals to settle and work in Canada as permanent residents through a manual-quota-based selection system but unfortunately, this system had several loopholes. Considering the need to bring about an error-free and justified selection system, Citizenship & Immigration Canada in association with the Canadian Government introduced an electronic system- the Canada Express Entry. This system is completely electronic and judges the application for Canada Permanent Residency based on certain parameters like age, education, work experience, English language skills, accompanying partner skills, adaptability, CRS score, etc.
What is Canada Express Entry & how it works?
Canada Express Entry is an electronic system specifically designed to manage Permanent Resident visa applications in Canada. This system works through an unprejudiced, unbiased, and fair points-based selection system. Applicants who are willing to migrate to Canada and settle in the country as permanent residents need to meet the factors of Canadian immigration requirements & secure a score of 67 points under this points-based selection system.
On meeting the eligibility criteria and calculating a score as per Canada’s Points Calculator, applicants create a profile with Express Entry called the Expression of Interest, under any of the four programs managed by Express Entry. In this profile, the applicant must list down all the updated and accurate information like his age, qualifications, work experience, a job offer in hand, accompanying members and their details, etc. Points are allotted to each detail as per set Canadian immigration standards. CIC reviews and on approval, the application is directed to a pool of applications.
This pool consists of all other applications of people who have filed for Canada PR visa from all corners of the world and all the applications are judged based on points under the Comprehensive Ranking System. Draws are conducted by CIC at regular intervals and applications with the highest CRS score set for each draw are picked up and issued with an Invitation to Apply. This Invitation indicates that the applicant meets all the criteria to settle in Canada and is welcome to become a permanent resident of Canada.
Programs managed by Canada Express Entry:
To migrate to Canada through the Canada Express Entry system, applicants need to file their PR application under any of the following Canada Express Entry programs that best suit them:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Visa
2. Federal Skilled Trade Visa
3. Canadian Experience Class
4. Provincial Nominee Programs
The Finer Details of the Canada Express Entry System:
1. Express Entry is an electronic platform that helps aspirants create a no-cost profile indicating their interest in settling in Canada. This profile is kept active for 12 months, after which the applicants need to renew their profile.
2. To create this profile, an initial evaluation is a must. By this evaluation, a profile is judged and determined whether it meets all the criteria of age, education, work experience language skills, etc. that are demanded of Express Entry applicants and only then it is taken up for the Canada PR visa process.
3. To match the Canadian education standards, applicants must get their educational qualification assessed (Educational Credential Assessment) by an authorized body- World Education Services.
4. To determine one’s skills in the English language, Canadian immigration demands a language assessment result through an authorized English language assessment body- IELTS.
5. It is equally important that the applicant must have good health & be of sound character to apply for Canada Permanent Residency through Canada Express Entry
6. Applicants with the following factors have good chances for higher CRS, eventually leading to a quicker visa success:
• Full-time regular employment from a Canadian employer
• Sponsorship from any Canadian state where his profile demand is high
• Received employment offer through any employer while their application is in the pool
• Have received sponsorship from an eligible relative residing in Canada as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
• On receiving the Invitation to Apply, applications have a period of 90 days to submit an application for a PR visa along with their Medicals, PCC, and visa fees.
• On receiving the PR visa, the applicant is officially deemed as a permanent resident, i.e. he/she can live and work in Canada (along with family) for a long period.
While this is an overview of how the Canada Express Entry system works, there are many aspects associated. Should you wish to know more about how Express Entry works, get free counseling from one of our Canada Immigration Experts by filling in your details here.