For those Aussies residing in the ACT and interested in installing a solar energy system, we’ve great news for you! The Australian Capital Territory Government has introduced Brighte as its finance partner for the Sustainable Household Scheme.
What’s the Sustainable Household Scheme?
The ACT’s Sustainable Household Scheme was introduced to provide Aussies with no-interest loans for renewable energy solutions. The loan could be as small as $2,000 and as much as $15,000 for eligible households within the Territory. The scheme will help you with the upfront costs that you need to invest in energy-efficient home upgrades. There’s currently a pilot for the scheme happening, helping to enhance any shortfalls before it goes live. Moreover, the thought behind this scheme was to help limit contributions to global warming, improving the quality of life of those residing within the territory at the same time. So, let’s have a look at the different products that are available under the scheme.
- Rooftop solar panels (Category A)
- Home battery storage programs (Category A)
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure (Category A)
- Electric stovetops (Category B)
- Hot water heat pumps (Category B)
- Electric heating and cooling systems (Category B)
- Electric vehicles (Category C)