With growing economy and independent lifestyle, women are joining the league of professionals and working individuals. This is leading to growing demand for maids or helpers for doing household chores. Hiring a house cleaner or helper can help you get a sigh of relief, if you stay too busy in your work life. Since you would be hiring someone to do your household work, it is very important for you to do your homework of doing complete background checks before you hire them. It is highly important to find a reliable and trustworthy maid agency in Singapore to find professional and qualified maids. Most of the companies offering services as a helper agency in Singapore understands the importance of ensuring that the maids to do their job properly, even when no one is watching them.
Here are some ways you can do your homework and background check before you decides to hire a maid:
• The first and foremost thing you need to decide is do you want a full time or a part time maid. Depending on your work requirements and your availability you can decide upon this factor.
• You can ask your friends, family, and colleagues for referrals. You can decide between sole proprietor maids or you would want to hire someone from a larger cleaning company. A lot of helpers work as self-employed and are not associated with any maid agency or company. You should be very careful in selecting such people to work as helpers as it is your responsibility to complete their verification and check all their paperwork before you allow them to enter your house. Get their police verification done before you hire them.
• You can reach out to a cleaning or a helper agency in Singapore and go through the profiles of their employees and select the best professionals to get your work done. The benefit of hiring people from a maid agency in Singapore is that you are not responsible for their screening. The company needs to ensure that they perform a proper background check and their employees have no criminal records.
• You should interview the candidates and make sure that you ask questions to see if they fit in your requirements or not. Ask for their references and what do they enjoy when they are at their work. The company will do these checks before hand, but you should still do your checks before you hire any helper.
• Decide on the wages or fee and also decide on the task that they need to perform. Make a list of all the task you want the maid to perform that will help you decide on the hours you want the maid to be working. It is important to have clear discussions around the payment schedule and the number of tasks to be completed to avoid any inconvenience in future. Decide if the payment will be on hourly basis or you would come to a flat fee. Check the company policies as well before you finalize to ensure there are no confusions.
• Talk to the company about arranging a trial period for you to observe if you would want to continue with the same person and if the are taking care of your requirements.
• Provide clear instructions of the task that will be performed by the helper and set rules of how you want things to be done and what all limitations you want to imply.
Following these tips will help you to hire the best and qualified professionals for getting your job done. Explore the web to find more tips and checklists for hiring professionals for a particular job role.