Eyelashes have the power to transform your whole look with their fluttery magic. However, not everyone is born with longer and fuller lashes. Although, there are cosmetic products which help us to lift and elongate our lashes, not everyone has the time in the morning to apply coats of mascara. To let go the struggle of applying mascara or false lashes in the morning, the permanent solution to this is lash extensions. Lash extensions have become increasingly popular in the past few years.
There are a number of salons which offer professional and expert services for lash extension in Hong Kong. These are perfect for people who want to get out of their bed with their lashes looking good. However, there are a ton of things one need to keep in mind before getting the extensions.
Things you should be aware of before getting the extensions:
• The first thing you should know is that eyelash extensions are different from fake eyelashes. Extensions are customized according to individual’s eye shape and style and then applied individually to natural eyelashes with a special adhesive, whereas, fake eyelashes are glued to the eyelid for just one use.
• The next thing to consider before getting the extension is to check the reviews and ratings of the eyelash extension salon from where you will be getting the procedure done. Make sure to do a thorough research about the salon and the staff and read reviews to know what previous customers have to say. Ensure that the staff is properly trained to do the procedure and the place is safe and hygienic to avoid any kind of infection.
• The process of eyelash extension can be time consuming and it can take from anywhere between 1 to 3 hours, depending upon the type of lashes one chooses. In addition to this, monthly touch ups are required for maintaining them properly.
• It can be challenging to remove eyelash extensions at home. Professional assistance is required as these are applied with a special, extra strong hold super glue which is specifically made for cosmetic purposes. It is recommended to go to the same technician who applied the extensions in the first place as they will know which solvents work best with the glue used.
• Proper care needs to be given after getting the extensions. For the first 2 days you need to avoid sauna, steam showers or even going to the pool as excessive moisture can break down the adhesive causing the extensions to break. Also, you need to brush the top of your extensions with a clean mascara wand to remove any lint or dust.
• Waterproof eye makeup is a strict no after the extensions as an oil-based remover will be required to remove the makeup and the same can break down the adhesive and cause the extensions to break.
Longer and fuller lashes make your face look youthful and brighter. Extensions are a long-term solution for getting amazing lashes. A lot of eyelash extension salons are coming up with experienced and trained staff to provide the customers with a satisfying experience. However, finding a good salon can be an arduous task. There are a number of salons which offer high quality services related to lash extension in Hong Kong and take into account the safety and hygiene aspect. Eyelash extensions are a fun way to amp up your look, but make sure to keep the above things in mind to avoid any unwanted complication.