5 Tips to Maintain Your Lithium ion Batteries
In today’s world, lithium batteries are the most commonly used energy storage device when it comes to consumer portable electronics. There are several different types of batteries available to meet the specific needs and requirements of the customers. For example, the LiFePO4 12v40ah battery is designed for current, voltage, cell balancing etc and LiFePO4 48v 100ah battery is perfect for solar, telecom, wind, marine RV and deep cycle applications.
Although these batteries are rechargeable, they require routine maintenance and care for proper use and handling. Proper maintenance will not only ensure a longer battery life but it will also protect your equipment or device from any potential damage.
- Use appropriate chargers–always make sure to charge your batteries using the original chargers as a low-quality charger can lead to a shorter run time, premature battery failure, or even fire or explosion. Also, make sure to follow the charging instructions which are provided with the product by the manufacturer.
- Avoid overcharging–overcharging can cause the battery temperature to rise high and can damage the battery in the long run. Therefore,if the battery has been fully charged it should be unplugged from the charger as quickly as possible to avoid any damage in the long run.
- Charging battery before first use –it is not necessary to charge the battery before using it for the first time as unlike other batteries, lithium ion batteries are already activated before leaving the factory.
- void using in extreme temperatures–lithium ion batteries have their appropriate working and storage temperatures. Using them in extreme temperature environments can badly affect the usage time and recharge cycles.
- Keep it clean–the batteries need to remain clean at all times to ensure their best performance. Also, when carrying the battery around, avoid the contact with any metal objects as it could cause a short circuit, damaging the battery or potentially resulting in a fire or an explosion.
Achieving a battery’s optimal performance involves proper care and maintenance. Too much of anything can affect the performance badly and shorten the battery life. There are different variants of lithium batteries available in the market with different functionality.
LiFePO4 12v 40ah battery and LiFePO4 48v 100ah battery are a few to name. Lithium ion batteries are a bit expensive but a huge improvement over previous types of batteries. The lead acid batteries used to offer less voltage and used to be only half the lifespan of these lithium-ion batteries. The way you maintain the battery can affect its lifespan in a number of ways. So, make sure to follow the above battery care tips to get the longest life and best performance out of them.
Leave a Reply