This article details on the set of miraculous features of OpenCart, which helps online merchants to develop, deploy and maintain high-end online stores.
Considering the virtual environment, every online merchant needs to know about the various eCommerce platforms for choosing the right one. Among the variety of online shopping carts, OpenCart is considered to be a top-end solution which, combines simplicity, flexibility and multi-functionality. Eventually, this comprehensive platform has attained wide popularity among both the experts and beginners. Considering this fact, following here is a closer look on the dynamics of this eCommerce platform.
Simple store setup
It deploys a straightforward setup process while, being developed with the users in mind. Both the non-advanced online merchants and tech-savvy store owners can create an online store easily. You can build the store in 4 easy steps which, are:
- Install OpenCart
- Choose an OpenCart theme.
- Add Products and include the product details.
- Configure modules and functions like payment, language and shipment methods.
Usability and performance
The website’s speed is one of the key areas which, affects the online shopping experience. An OpenCart shopping cart is extremely lightweight which, uses the AJAX technology for reducing loading time and increasing the store’s speed.
The admin panel is too simple to deploy which, doesn’t require much time to cover the learning curve. Resultantly, managing the store becomes quite simple. On the contrary, the online shopping cart offers a possibility for using numerous attributes to maximize usability of the clients including: smart site structure for simplifying shop navigation, one page checkout and handy search.
Multi -store functionality
This platform supports multi-store functions, which help in managing several online stores by deploying one single admin panel. Well, it will help you to:
- Set up various customer groups for every store. It provides the possibility to have some stores for wholesale clients and some for the retailers.
- Localize every store for different nations by setting different languages, currency and tax classes.
- Deploy different themes for diverse shops.
- Manage single inventory across multiple online stores.
It’s open source and a free online shopping cart. The cost of installation is almost equal to zero. Compared to other types of shopping carts, the maintenance expenses are very low. You will be able to facilitate store management and customization easily on your own. Moreover, you will be able to select in between the free themes or paid ones which, will offer an exclusive design to your site.
Extensions and features
It’s a platform which, is well-known for its extensive functionality. There is a wide range of exclusive in-box attributes. Moreover, online store owners will be able to widen the store possibilities with help of 7000+ extensions.
- It offers the possibility to set up several tax zones. Thus, the taxes will be paid on the basis of federal regulations, where the products will be purchased and shipped to.
- 23 payment gateways being set in default and additional ones present in the OpenCart extension section.
- With an advanced report system, online merchants will be able to estimate the total amount of sales per month/week/day. Furthermore, you will be having the possibility to track on which products are mostly prefered by the customers.
Thus, while wrapping up, we can conclude that OpenCart is a dependable eCommerce platform which, is highly-functional and easy-to-use. Keeping this in mind, it is a worthy choice to seek expertise of an OpenCart developer for developing robust and user-friendly online stores.
Jonathan Paul Is an experienced OpenCart developer of PHPProgrammers, who aim at informing readers about the various features of this platform and how it help online merchants to build powerful websites.