The wideness and the vast stretch of the Yamuna Expressway is a treat to drive on. The pristine stretch of tarmac that extends from Greater Noida to Agra is the longest access-controlled six lane rigid road in India. The surface quality and magnificent views make for an unforgettable driving experience. The drive time from Delhi to Agra has been considerably reduced and the overall thrill is improved. The 165km tollway opened to public on 2012 and since then has been a favorite destination for speed junkies and enthusiasts.
The drive to Agra bestows with the greatest visual treats as the sight of the magnificent Taj Mahal is a breathtaking experience and one to cherish forever. The high speed thrills offered by the road surface of the expressway are a pure adrenaline rush and an addiction. With Agra being in civil war with traffic, the journey is much smoother than the destination. The travel time from Delhi to Agra has been reduced by almost two hours and with the service of car for rent further amplifies the excitement.
The high speed nature of the Yamuna Expressway makes it vulnerable to accidents and has a bad record of such incidents. The speed limit on the expressway is 100kmph but at such speed one is pushing the limits of both the driver and the vehicle. To ensure safety on the Expressway and make sure you reach the destination with ease, there are several driving tips to get you the best of the experiences. They have been shared below:
- Like for all drives, it is of utmost important to check for the vehicle condition before commencing the drive. Check for tire pressures, fluid levels and brakes first hand to avoid later troubles.
- Proper alignment of the wheels is a critical factor that ensures the drive quality. If the wheel alignment is not perfect it would require more steering effort even to get the car drive straight and that could be extremely tiring.
- Being optimally fit to drive is the key to a safe journey. Tirelessness can lead to lack of concentration and when going at such high speeds that can prove catastrophic. Thus it is advised to get adequate rest and sleep overnight and also take a few breaks during the journey.
- Adherence to speed limits on the road is the only way to ensure your safe arrival to the destination. At extremely high speeds the vehicle components are pushed to their ability limits and this makes them susceptible to failure. Thus one should comply with the speed limits.
- Respect lane driving! For a totally safe drive, it is necessary to adhere to a single lane. Recurring lane changes leaves you vulnerable to come in the way of fast traffic and risks your prospects. It is best advised to vividly scan the road front and behind for traffic before changing a lane.
- Indicating before making turns, lane changing and overtaking is very important. This gives proper signal to other drivers for reacting accordingly and avoiding any trouble.
The facility of car on rent will get you the vehicle of choice for getting the best driving experience on the Yamuna Expressway. The choice of seven sedan cars from car rental India facility on Myles will be the perfect tool for the job. The top of the range vehicles offer a luxurious driving experience and make every trip a memorable one.