The term Uterine Sarcoma in itself is a scarce term and is also a rare disease. It’s so rare that people who are currently suffering from this problem are not aware of the uterine sarcoma treatment or its diagnosis. In simpler term, if someone talks about having uterine cancer surgery, then probably you can relate it to some extent, but that won’t give you a clear perspective of the problem.
So, let’s take a look at what uterine sarcoma is and some unknown facts that will help you in having a better insight into this problem.
What is Uterine Sarcoma?
Uterine Sarcoma is a rare type of malignant cancer which forms in the Uterus cells. It is a disease in which the cancer cells start growing inside the lining of the uterus. One of the main reason for its occurrence is due to past radiation therapy to the pelvis, which increases the risk of Uterine Sarcoma.
One of the main signs and symptoms of Uterine Sarcoma is abnormal bleeding. Another major factor for the occurrence of this problem is the treatment for breast cancer with tamoxifen. It has been found as another main factor for the cause of the Uterine Sarcoma.
Signs and Symptoms of Uterine Sarcoma
Abnormal bleeding from uterus has been considered as one of the major reason for Uterine Sarcoma. Apart from that, there are several other symptoms which are given below:
- Bleeding after menopause
- Bleeding which is not part of menstrual periods
- A mass in the Vagina
- Fullness or pain in the abdomen
- Frequent urination
Some unknown facts about uterine sarcoma
The term uterine sarcoma is not known to all and in some case not to the person who has begun to suffer from this problem. So, consulting of a doctor is a must thing to do but apart from that you should know about some of the unknown facts related to uterine sarcoma:
- Have a requisite knowledge about the test of uterine sarcoma. These may include a physical exam and past history of the patient; a pelvic exam is done to check the inner lining of the uterus and the diseases, a pap test for examining the cells from the surface of the vagina, and endometrial biopsy.
- Know about the Stages of uterine cancer like there are four stages – Stage-l, Stage-ll, Stage-lll, and Stage-lV. Each of these stages comes with their risk factor, and the Stage-lV is the last and final stage which is tough to survive.
- The medical analysis of the staging process involves the following procedure, which includes blood chemistry studies, CA 125 assay, Chest X-ray, Transvaginal ultrasound exam, CT Scan, and Cystoscopy. Also, have the knowledge of the uterine carcinosarcoma treatment as it is a microscopic treatment which is done to determine historical features of uterine sarcoma.
- There are three ways of how uterine sarcoma cancer spread that is by Lymphy system, blood and tissue. In the case of blood, its travels by a blood vessel and the chances of spreading are faster.
- For uterine sarcoma, there are different types of treatment. The four major treatment includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and hormone therapy. In chemotherapy, medicines are used to stop the cancer cells from growing either by dividing the cells or by killing the cells. Hormone therapy is used only when the cause of uterine sarcoma is due to the growth of the hormone cells. Radiation therapy involves the use of high-energy x-ray and is also very painful.
The treatment of uterine sarcoma has been highly successful these days due to the advancement of science and technology. Fortis Cancer Institute is one of the leading cancer hospitals in bangalore with highly experienced cancer specialists.The different medical procedure and therapy have made the treatment of uterine sarcoma a lot easier for the doctors. Apart from the old methods of uterine sarcoma treatment, some new type of treatment like clinical trials has started to become useful for uterine sarcoma treatment.