Canada is undoubtedly the most lovable nation and most of the aspiring immigrants choose Canada to live and work as permanent residents. Blessed with a diverse culture, beautiful surroundings and accommodating policies and immigration programs, choosing Canada to immigrate with your family is one of the best decision one can take.
Before immigrating to Canada, you must know the right pathway and the procedure via which you can comfortably move to Canada from your home country.
There are different Canada PR Visa Pathways through which you can immigrate
There are 2 most popular Canada PR visa pathways via which an applicant may apply:
Express Entry Program:
It is one of the most widely used immigration program, which is specially designed by the Canadian government to invite those skilled workers who can contribute to the Canadian economy.
The Express Entry system manages a pool of candidates under three key federal economic immigration programs, including:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
Provincial Nomination Program
The PNP provides a great route to all the candidates who wish to apply for Canadian permanent residence. The PNPs allow provinces and territories of Canada to nominate skilled individuals who wish to move to Canada and settle down in a particular province.
Among both the pathways, the Express Entry program is one of the easiest and popular pathways through which you can successfully apply for and obtain a Canadian PR Visa within 6 months time.
Eligibility Criteria for Express Entry System
The minimum eligibility requirements to apply as a federal skilled worker in Canada include:
- You must age 18 years or above
- You must have a minimum one year of work experience, in the past ten years. Your occupation must fall under Canada skilled occupation list in National Occupational Classification job groups O, A or B
- You must meet the minimum language threshold of CLB 7 in IELTS or French test to prove your language proficiency
- You must provide a Canadian educational credential or a foreign one along with your ECA report (Educational Credential Assessment) from a designated body to prove that your diploma, degree, or certificate obtained overseas is equivalent to Canadian educational credential
- You must show proof of funds to prove that you can financially support you and your family to settle down in Canada
- You must meet admissibility requirements (health and character requirements)
- You must plan to settle down outside Quebec, as the province of Quebec has its own program to select skilled workers
Documentation for Express Entry
You need to submit certain documents at different stages during your Express Entry application process
- Valid passport or travel document
- Age proof
- Language test result
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
- Provincial Nomination (in case you have one)
- Reference letters from current and previous employers
- Written job offer from a Canadian employer (in case you have one)
- Police certificates
- Medical examination certificate
- Proof of funds
Application Process under Express Entry
In order to apply for permanent residency through Express Entry, you must follow a step-by-step Canada PR visa process.
This process involves the following steps:
- Find out your eligibility
- Submit an Express Entry Profile
Create your Express Entry profile online and enter the information asked like, your personal details, certain documents, NOC job title, and code.
- Wait in the pool
Once your profile enters the Express Entry pool and you are waiting, you must get yourself ready, like:
- You must gather all the required documents
- You must check the validity of your language test results
- You must get police certificates for you and your family
- You may start your job search by creating your Job Match account in Job Bank
- You may further improve your language scores, education scores, gain more work experience and increase your chances of getting an ITA
- You must keep your EE profile updated
- Respond to your ITA
The IRCC ranks the profiles of all those candidates who are in the pool using Canada’s points-based system, which is known as a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The IRCC selects the highest-ranking candidates and sends them an invitation to apply for Canada’s permanent residence.
The score has been awarded to candidates on the basis of following selection factors:
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- And more
If you get an invitation you to apply from the IRCC for permanent residence of Canada, then you must submit your complete and final application along with the relevant documents within 60 days.
With this, we came to a conclusion and we hope that the article provides you with the right amount of information you need before applying for a Canada PR visa from India.