A fully-functional EHR solution provides caregivers with an easy access to patients’ health-related information. Also, because of the feature of interoperability, an EHR allows physicians to work with other healthcare providers effectively. You can get in touch with one of the most seasoned healthcare software companies who can build an exclusive EHR system for your clinical practice. But do you want your EHR solution to be unique? Do you want to save your staffs’ time and improve the quality of care for your patients with your new EHR solution? If yes, then ask your vendor to incorporate the following five features into your EHR. Let’s have a brief about each of these five features.
- Provision Of Booking Appointments Online: Nowadays patients don’t want to make a call in order to book appointments for their check-ups. But they prefer to use a software or app so that to book appointments online. You can have the provision in your EHR solution that offers integrated scheduling tools that are directly connected to your practice calendar. This feature will enable patients to book digital appointments easily without any hassle.
- Seamless Integration With Other Existing Systems: Your EHR solution should be integrated with other existing systems of your clinical practice in order to reduce your paperwork and allow you and your patients to keep results in order and ready to view from anywhere. For instance, your EHR system should be connected with your lab management software so that healthcare providers can share information with other doctors and provide them with a comprehensive picture of all the clinicians involved in the patient’s care.
- Comprehensive Patient Portal With Secure Messaging: It is essential for you to incorporate an exclusive patient portal into your EHR solution. This portal will let patients see their appointment history, charts, diagnoses, treatment plan, lab results, vaccination records, and outstanding balances. Also, they can request the prescription refill and get connected to your practice directly through the portal. You can implement the feature of secure messaging into your patient portal that can provide authorized patients with instant and secure information so that to facilitate a highly interactive doctor-patient experience. These portals can be used to keep patients’ confidential health-related data secure and private.
- Free Training & Support Services: You have to solve all the queries of your patients so that they can use your EHR system effectively. In order to achieve this, you can ask your EHR vendor to incorporate free and unlimited support in your agreement. This will allow you to provide patients with excellent and responsive customer support as well as an intuitive user interface. Also, you can enhance the productivity of your practice by meeting your business goals with an efficient onboarding process. Therefore, it helps you in spending more time in delivering excellent services to the patients and not troubleshooting technical issues.
- Easy Patient Referrals: Sending and tracking the source of referrals is a daunting task for your practice and that’s why it’s usually ignored. But you can ask your vendor to incorporate patient referral capabilities into your EHR system in order to save you your patients’ time. With the help of this feature, you can send the patient to the right medical practitioner every time and therefore enhance the patient-provider interaction and communication. Also, you should include continuity of care (CCD) records along with your referrals so that the crucial medical information gets transferred too.
To conclude, an EHR system with the above-mentioned features can be used to improve all the aspects of patient care such as safety, communication, and timeliness. Also, it can help healthcare providers make better clinical decisions by integrating patient information across various parts. In case you need to build a custom EHR solution for your clinical practice, get in touch with one of the most experienced healthcare software companies having a wealth of expertise in creating EHR solutions that are capable to deliver the best and safest patient experience.