Hotels and restaurants all over the world are now coming upon the rewards of owning apps. They have identified that how mobility and apps can boost their operations and enhance the performance of their employees. Putting apps at hospitality & restaurant business processes becomes profitable when it can offer several utility services to the customers or guests. But, it’s not an easy task to hire the best developers to get an app built for your hospitality or restaurant business. This is why this post is here. It’s an effort to assist businesses in hotel and restaurant industry to get a perfect app developer partners to bring themselves on mobile platforms.
Needless to say, customers are the backbone of every business. And it applies on businesses in the hospitality and travel industry, too. The more these businesses have customers, the more they flourish. These businesses can generate more revenue if they could also attract on-the-go customers. They have been trying all possible channels to do that, but now these businesses have got smartphones, as the ultimate tool.
Yes, smartphones provide limitless scopes and chances to the hospitality industry. The bespoke mobile app development can aid customers to easily access the services provided by hotels and restaurants. Hospitality businesses have warm-heartedly accepted mobile technology and apps; many have already hired developers to introduce their offerings to their audience through smartphone mobility.
Businesses in the hospitality industry have also learned that mobile apps can power them to provide their customers with more methods to make reservations. There are some hotels and restaurants, which have recently launched their apps and started to provide the reservations to their services. They have apps that provide interactive experience of booking rooms in hotels and seats in restaurants. On behalf of such apps, here are the top benefits that hotels and restaurants have from their apps.
- Apps for hotels and restaurants can provide services along with showcasing shopping stores, bars, and various other attractions in a specific location.
- Guests can use apps to get additional information related to various interesting areas and provide directions, ways to reach there.
- These apps can provide useful information such as phone number, operation-hours, entry fee, city culture & festivals, etc.
- These apps may let people rate & review offerings, tag their favorite places and share this with their friends in social profiles.
- These are GPS enabled apps which means guests will never get lost into the unknown.
All the above mentioned features can be added to the app but only in case if you hire a professional mobile application development company.
When getting an app built for your hotel or restaurants, you need to make sure that the app will provide following information to end user:
- General information
- Images of interiors and exterior
- Room availability
- discount / offers redemption option
- Menu of food items
- Room service
- Social media community services
- Review / feedback / start ratings option
A good app also provides following additional information:
- Archeological monuments
- Beaches, sightseeing venues, museums etc
- Restaurants, taverns, bars
- Local Weather
- Useful phone numbers (taxi booking, doctors, pharmacies, police etc)
But the success of hotel and restaurant app depends completely on the process of development. Here is the fundamental approach to be followed when it comes to the designing, development and deployment and marketing of a hospitality app.
- Make your app absolutely free.
A hotel or restaurant app isn’t itself a product and thus it should be provided free. It would be a medium of selling, not a product carrying value for itself.
- Exploit the capabilities of smartphone
Modern smartphones come with a wide range of capabilities and a smart app developer can use them in a variety of combinations to come up with a unique feature that no one has introduced so far.
- Keep content fresh
Content is king, for everything which is online. This applies on the apps for hotels and restaurants which need to provide latest information to customers.
- Make navigation trouble-free and offerings findable.
- Stay innovative, all ways, all the ways.
- Never ever underestimate promotion and marketing
Author Bio :- sofia is a digital marketing expert in Rapidsoft technologies, a prominent mobile app development company which provides iOS and android app development services across the global. She loves to write on latest mobile trends, mobile technologies, startups and enterprises