In various industrial applications and automation and instrumentation requirements, temperature measurement is a vital process. The correctness of the product depends on how accurately the temperature is measured during the manufacturing process.
When you want to monitor the environmental conditions or want to correct system drift performance, it is highly important to measure high accuracy and precision.
You have a variety of temperature sensors available, such as thermocouples, electronic band gap sensors, and Resistance Temperature Detectors or RTD.
The sensor would you choose depends on the range of temperature and accuracy of measurement. For a wide range of temperatures, i.e., -200 degrees Celsius to 850 degrees Celsius, RTD is an excellent choice. RTD Sensor Manufacturers in India make products with high accuracy and great stability.
Heatcon is a company with more than 30 years of experience in manufacturing temperature sensors and heaters. It is known for high level of quality and accuracy. Each product is made with its high levels of quality parameters so that customers get delighted with the product quality.
The in-house manufacturing facility of Heatcon is state-of-the-art, and the product range covers diverse industrial needs for thermocouples, sensors, connectors, and heaters. High precision makes Heatcon one of the best Temperature Sensor Manufacturers in Bangalore.
With a wealth of experience and a team of dedicated employees, Heatcon raises the bar year after year on all fronts, whether it is service level, product quality, or product support.
RTD Sensors are useful in varied industrial applications
Resistance Temperature Detectors or RTD is used for tracking the temperature change in an industrial setting or laboratory.
The resistor is designed to adjust when there is a change in the temperature. As the resistor moves, it has an impact on the resistance value.
It gives an indication of the change. RTD Sensor Manufacturers in India like Heatcon make highly sensitive and accurate temperature sensors for wide industrial applications.
Why have these sensors become popular? It is because they are reliable and effective. Accurate temperature measurement can be achieved by using RTD. They remain stable in a range of temperatures. In a variety of applications, these sensors are the best fit.
Benefits of using RTDs
If you compare RTD with other types of sensors, then they stand out differently with some unique benefits.
- 1. These sensors can hold up in temperature fluctuations. If the application requires accurate measurement in an area where temperature changes very frequently, then this is the perfect solution.
- 2. RTDs can operate in a wide range of temperatures, from -200 degrees Celsius to 850 degrees Celsius. In comparison to this, a thin film can handle only the variation of -50 degrees Celsius to 500 degrees Celsius.
- 3. These sensors are interchangeable. It means you can switch out if required. Also, they are quite stable in harsh surroundings as well. Therefore, you can expect long-lasting performance from RTD sensors.
- 4. In applications where the accuracy of measurement is critically important, RTD sensors are unbeatable. High precision Temperature Sensor Manufacturers in Bangalore like Heatcon make products that work far better than thermocouples or other designs. Other than standard products, they can make specialized, custom products based on user requirements.
- 5. RTDs offer better repeatability and accuracy. They are less susceptible to noise and bring better linearity. RTDs can be matched to transmitter and interchangeability errors can be eliminated.
- 6. RTDs drift predictably. On the other hand, other types of sensors behave erratically and unpredictably. You can re-calibrate RTD sensors.
These benefits allow RTD sensors to be used in several industrial applications. Whether Indoor or outdoor, they work without trouble. It is possible to get the appropriate sensor for each type of application. You can pick from the array of sensors.