CAD has steadily grown in importance as part of the varied field of product design service in Australia. It has especially proved to an indispensable tool in engineering, especially in the architecture and manufacturing industries.
What is Structural Product Design?
The components of a structural drawing typically are foundation plans, framing plans, details of column and beam, sectional view of walls, fire safety details and all the minute details that go into architectural construction.
Structural CAD drawings are useful across varied architectural projects, including steel and composite structures, industrial structures, commercial structures as well as residential structures.
Benefits of CAD in Architectural Engineering
- Precision and Accuracy: Increase the precision of architectural drawings with the help of CAD designing software that stresses accuracy as its forte. This way, human errors in erstwhile manual drawing could be eliminated completely, resulting in superior quality designs. Now, architects can also rest easy knowing that they no longer have to do the back-breaking work of manual designing.
- Greater Design Flexibility: The digital nature of CAD drawings allows engineers to modify, manipulate or completely change original designs if there is a need for it. They literally don’t have to go back to the drawing board to fix design flaws anymore!
- Digital Documentation Facilitates Seamless Communication: The construction industry sees massive amounts of data and documentation being generated on a regular basis. It is not always possible to keep track of them manually. Now, with the help of CAD software, critical documents such as drawings, measurement sheets, etc. can be digitally stored and retrieved when needed.
- Linking CAD Software with Other Software: CAD is an immensely flexible as well as compatible with various other specialized software. In other words, structural designs generated using CAD can be easily integrated with any 3D modelling software for the purpose of creating the 3D models of the structures that are under construction.
- Impress the Clients: End users can experience a virtual walk-through of the projects they have commissioned with the help of CAD-generated 3D building models. This will help them provide their own inputs into the designs, making them feel part of the whole operation, while also helping them make informed project-related decisions.
Zeal is one of the most trusted names when it comes to CAD services and 3D scanning in manufacturing. Our service repertoire encompasses every aspect of CAD imaginable, such as 3D CAD modelling, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), 3D CAD design and drawing services, and a whole lot more!
Structural Design and Drafting Services
Zeal CAD can be trusted the most among its peers when it comes to industrial product design services, including structural drafting and the structural designing services. We provide the following specialist services:
- Foundation Plan Drawings
- Structural Connection Details
- Structural Analysis Drawings
- FEA Analysis
- Fatigue Analysis Services
- Load Calculation Drawings
- Roof structure Drawings
- Structural Stack Designs
- Column and Beam Design Drawings
Learn more about the great advantages of using a 3D CAD model in structural engineering.