AC DC converter is considered the trend in domestic and industrial applications for their high-efficiency and high-reliability. They have also other outstanding characteristics. In this article, you will explore the guidelines for installing and operating the converter.
The latest trend is to manufacture high efficient AC DC converter. The effect of irregular voltage is the main concern of this converter which can be drastically reduced in a suitable environment. Proper handling of the AC and DC voltage will increase the life of the components of the applications. It can also lower the risks of failures.
The following guidelines should be cautiously read before using the power converter. Inappropriate use may result in the possibility of damaging the converter and electric shock or fire.
- Advice at the time of installation of the equipment:
- To meet safety standard requirements and to ensure safe operation, install the device safely.
- Make sure that the input and signal terminals are properly connected.
- Ensure that the converter is protected and it should be approved by any of the manufacturers of various Australian power products.
- The installation process and the use of this converter should be handled by a skilled expert.
- There is no problem if you hear the slight noise inside the converter at the time of operating.
- Advice for the danger of damage:
- Do not open the case of the converter and touch internal components. And also, do not touch the input terminals. It can be the reason for electric shock.
- Do not touch the converter’s case to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Keep your hand and face at a distance, when you operate the converter. This way you can keep away from possible damage during the inappropriate
- The efficient AC DC power converters should be marked with ‘Caution!’ indications.
- The converter should be handled with care to avoid the damage of the product.
The tips for handling the heat of the converter:
- With air cooling: For portable and high efficient converters, air cooling is recommended.
- With air flow: The converter needs an atmosphere with good air flow. It is helpful to control the heat throughout the power supplying process. For best cooling, make sure the air flow is not blocked by huge components of the application.
- If the application has more heat generating component, it is suggested to keep a fine space between the heat generating components.
- In some converters, where you cannot effectively reduce the temperature, a fan is used to reduce the heat. Fans can lower the temperature of the converter. It is recommended for you to avoid large fans as these can occupy extra space in the converter. It is significant to choose an appropriate fan size. The speed of the fan determines how effectual it is. The faster the speed, the better the result of falling heat. But it is also be noted that high-speed cause noise. So you need to balance the speed and the noise to operate the converter.
Guide for selecting the converter:
- Confirm the series of the converter and select it according to the application’s demand. You can make a custom converter.
- Next, confirm the input source (AC or DC).
- Then, select the standard voltage according to the input voltage range.
- Afterwards, select the output power.
- After that, select the right output voltage based on the standard voltage.
- Following this, select the isolation voltage.
Finally, it is recommended to choose the regular AC DC power device, because it is reliable and cost effective like most of the useful Australian power products. For particular necessities, for example, ultra-wide input voltage range, higher isolation voltage, and high temperature you can make contact with the mechanical engineer. When you custom the converter make sure of the load capacity of each output of a multi-output converter. It is informed to you that in the usual multi-output converter, the main output has regulated output. So the secondary and other outputs have deeply affected by the load. So it is necessary that all outputs of the converter should be balanced with the amount of the load.
The AC DC converter is used in audio applications, industrial controls, chargers, adapters, LCD monitors, internet, LCD TV, motor controls, PC power, set-top boxes, other major and small appliances. You may need to make some changes in the control system of the converter in order to achieve more efficiency.
KaRaTec is committed to being a leading provider of power solutions. They provide AC DC power supplies and DC DC converters. They offer quality design in Australia. The company offers the widest range of power products. They are the supplier of high-performance electronic components used in high-voltage power-conversion systems.