Websites that are designed by considering user experience (UX) have more chances to win users’ trust and increase conversion rates. In fact, the importance of connecting with users and building healthy relationships often depends upon the UX of a company’s website. You can select a renowned UI UX design agency in order to build a perfect UX for your website. But before that, let’s take a look at the top nine rules that you should consider so that to strengthen your site’s UX and get quality traffic to your site.
- Involve Your Users In The Design Process: You should involve your users in the design process and ask them what kind of experience they want from your website. Reaching out to users will help you in building an intuitive UX for your website. Your users can give you innovative design ideas that you can count on. You have to develop your own strategy in order to communicate with your users. For instance, you can use a Twitter survey or start a Facebook quiz. Also, it will help in boosting your business’s social media presence.
- Focus On Cognitive Load: The UX of your website will be poor if the users find it difficult to interpret what is the next step? In order to solve this, consider cognitive load, which is a psychological term that means the amount of thought a particular task requires of its doers. One of the most common types of cognitive load is the intrinsic cognitive load. It refers to the difficulty that a user face with which he completes a step on your website. You have to develop the UX for your website in such a way so that the users can easily follow all your instructions. Another type of cognitive load is German cognitive load. It majorly focuses on processing information and constructing schemas. Websites have design patterns that the users can recognize. You have to incorporate a simple design pattern so that the users can easily relate to it.
- Keep Things Simple & Sweet: It is a bad idea to develop an overcomplicated UX for your website. It will only confuse your users and they will bounce. Keep things simple and provide users with clear options. Eliminate unnecessary features and functions and concentrate on the most crucial part of your website so that the users can make quick and easy decisions. Design an easy navigation so that the users find it comfortable while browsing through your website.
- Be Consistent Throughout: It is mandatory for you to develop a consistent UX design for your website. It will make your site more clear and users will be familiar with your style. They don’t have to adjust their thinking and it will be cherishing for them to navigate further. Sticking to a consistent and clear style will strengthen your brand and the users will be able to easily recognize and remember your company.
- Be Intentional With Your Creativity: The UX of your website should be intuitive but not dull. It is a good idea to insert some unique and creative elements in the design of your website so that to make it more attractive to the users. It will encourage them to spend more time on your site. But beware of incorporating too many unique elements because it can annoy users. Develop the overall design of your site in such a way so that it suits your brand and please users.
- Focus On Smooth Functioning: Apart from making your website visually appealing, it is essential for you to ensure that it functions well across interfaces. Your website should be free of any bugs or glitches so that it can run quickly and smoothly without any hassle.
- Know Exactly Where You Are In The Design Process: Developing an effective UX is a lengthy and complicated process. It is quite possible that you get caught up in each small step and forget to look at the overall project. If you want to have users’ feedback, it is essential for you to be aware of your position in the overall process. Feedback will be useful if you have extensive details about every small portion of your project. It also helps you in deciding which questions to ask in order to get the feedback. Ask relevant questions that can help you in analyzing the overall effectiveness of the UX design of your website.
- Try Personalization: Most of the users tend to like websites that connect with them well on a personal level. Personalizing the UX design can help you in winning the loyalty of the users. Design your website in such a way so that it gives the users a sense that they are interacting with a person and not a machine. It will help you to build a lively website that has a strong appeal to the potential clients and customers.
- Leave Room For Potential User Errors: Design the UX of your website in such a way so that it functions smooth even if a user makes a mistake. Design empathetically because it will help you to circumvent potential errors users can make. For example, when a box pops up indicating the user there is an error, you should definitely include instructions instead of only saying “an internal error occurred”. You have to provide the users with the directions about how to fix their mistakes. If your website becomes unusable after a user error, you will end up losing many potential customers.
To conclude, if you will spend more time in improving the UX of your website then you will surely experience traffic, increased conversions, and lower bounce rates. In case you need to build an influential UX for your website, get in touch with an esteemed UI UX design agency having a wealth of experience in crafting exceptional user experiences for its clients.