A flickering laptop screen can give you a headache in many ways than you can imagine. It can also damage your company’s bottom line as the constant blinking is a distraction that produces fatigue in employee. Thus, results in decreased productivity as you will surely require frequent breaks to reduce the possibility of headaches and eyestrain. However, if you want to fix flickering in HP laptop screen, you need to take HP Laptop Support at once.
The way your HP laptop screen flickers is very useful in determining the culprit. There are various types of flickers that can take place within your laptop such as random flickers, brief flickers and those that are persistent.
Screen flickering problem in HP laptop is usually caused by either of these two things:
- An incompatible app
- A display driver
In order to find out that the screen flickering issue is caused by the display driver or an app, you need to check if your Task Manager flickers or not. This will surely determine whether you need to update the display driver, application or both.
Look at the steps to check if the task manager flickers:
- Press CTRL + Shift + ESC keys on the keyboard simultaneously to open task manager.
- If that doesn’t work, then simply right-click the start button from the lower-left corner of your screen and then go for task manager.
- Now, if the task manager doesn’t flicker, then an app is causing the issue and if the Task Manager flicker, then a display driver is probably behind the issue.
How to update an incompatible app?
From the windows update manager look for updates of all the apps which are installed in your system. If update is available, then download and install the update of apps at once.
Learn to update your display driver
In order to update your display driver, you need to start your PC in safe mode. Then, uninstall your current display adapter and check if there is any driver update.
- Firstly boot your PC in safe mode.
- Right-click on the start button and from the list of applications choose device manager
- Expand the display adapters section and right-click on the listed adapter.
- Select uninstall device, choose the check box in-front of delete the driver software for this device. After that choose uninstall and restart your PC.
- When PC restarts, open settings by pressing windows + I key on your keyboard or go to start button and then choose settings.
- Now, go to update & security then under the windows update column press check for updates
- If any update available, then windows will start updating it automatically. If not, then you are good to go.
Now, after trying these steps, you will be able to fix flickering issue in your HP laptop screen. On the other hand, if you encounter any issue while applying these steps, then without hesitation make a call at HP Laptop Support Phone Number at the comfort of your home.
Source Link: https://marrytaylor.livejournal.com/316.html