Incredible Facts about History of Agra You Should Know
Agra holds some of the beautiful historical memories with marvels you cannot miss to afford. The city has various memorable architectures that belong to the centuries. The discussion of this glorious city can also be seen in the epic Mahabharata. It is believed that, it was redesigned during the 15th century when Mughal took over the rule. Agra was founded by a Mughal ruler named as Sultan Sikandra Lodi in 1504. At present, the city is counted as one of the popular and favorite cities for tourists across various parts of the world. It is known for its beautiful structures, sweets, markets and same day Agra tour offered by various tour services provider.
However, it is said that Agra was actually founded and created by the Mughal Empire but there are connections which have been found linking with Mahabharata or mythological times too. The story of Agra is 1000 BC old.
Below are some of the facts of Agra city which you should know –
- Mughal ruler Sultan Sikander Lodi founded this city in 1504.
- Babar conquered the city in 1526.
- During 1565, the genius of buildings and various architectures, Emperor Akbar ordered for Agra Red Fort.
- Birth of Taj Mahal in 1631 – Emperor Shah Jahan, in the memory of her beautiful & third wife, Mumtaz has built this charming and iconic structure which is listed in the Seven Wonders of the World & also acknowledged as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- After some time, Emperor Aurangzeb took over the rule of Emperor Shah Jahan. As time passed, the city was taken over by Marathas.
- During 1803, the entry of British has changed everything. General Lake took over the reign when it was believed that Agra was at its peak in earning its notability especially in the cities which were based in northern & western areas.
Presently, Agra is known as one of those cities around the world which has a maximum footfall of tourists. People from various parts of the world come to the city to experience the sightseeing of various forts and monuments built during the earlier centuries. Apart from marvelous structures, the city is also known for its great shopping sites, Mughlai food, Petha, local bazaars etc.
The author of this blog is a leading name of the tour and travel industry known as India Incredible. If you also think you should once visit Agra to experience the culture and heritage then booking same day tour will be a good option.
Leave a Reply