Do you want to move your business to another location? There are many different reasons for moving an office, no matter what your reasons are, you should prepare your business for relocation in advance. How to accomplish it, where to start? Luckily, here you may learn the first steps.
Tips to prepare your business for relocation
Before you start with your office relocation, do research and make a business plan. The goal is to move a business and not to lose productivity at the same time. There are tasks to do before moving, on moving day and after moving too. Now, we will be focused on tasks to finish before moving day.
- Create a timeline – don’t move on days when you have important business meetings or calls. Create a schedule, moving budget, and a plan, also notify all the employees you are moving. Moving a business is more stressful than moving a house.
- Find a new office and visit it – did you choose where to move a business? Pick a new office space and organize remodeling if needed. Make a list of repairs that needs to be done and hire professionals. Always spend time to visit a new location to make sure everything is going according to plan.
- Hire a moving company – find a reliable moving company to transport all your office supplies and equipment fast and safely. Get recommendations and search online, for example, take a look at promoversmiami.com and hire the best one.
- Update address – the most important thing is not to lose productivity and clients. So, update your business address. Firstly, on documents, and then on your business website, social media profiles, business card, google my business, online ads, etc.
- Take inventory – even if you hired movers, you should take inventory of all your office supplies moved to your new business facility. If something is missing after relocation, you will know exactly what. Especially if it is something valuable.
- Prepare your new office – before moving day, make sure your new office is ready. Transfer utilities and secure loading zones. You should start working immediately after moving and not to lose money. Prepare your business for relocation and prepare your new office too.
- Pack office items – if your business in big and you have a lot of employees, then you should hire professional packers and not lose time on packing. Organize items and figure out what to do with junk (donate, sell or throw away).
- Notify people you are moving – you must notify all your suppliers and clients that you are changing a business address, in advance. Make calls, send emails, and post it online.
After you have found a reliable moving company for an interstate relocation, chosen a new business location, you can start packing, making calls, organizing documents, getting permits if you are moving business to another state, etc.
Prepare your business for relocation like a pro and expand it. Get more clients and invest money in marketing and online presentation. If you didn’t before, then you should start ASAP – digital marketing is the most important for every business nowadays.