If you find yourself having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, or feeling tired during your day, Cryotherapy can be the ticket to send you off to dreamland. Cryotherapy for sleep improvement is now popular all over Sydney. The trending, new way of curing sleep disorders. After exposure to extreme cold, your nerves and muscles relax, inviting restorative sleep.
Cryotherapy has shown to improve sleep and lessen fatigue. The intensified cold sensation triggers the release of norepinephrine which helps you feel relaxed. Simultaneously, the therapy positively affects your ability to focus, increase your energy level and elevate your mood. Those annoying mood swings will be gone once you have experienced Cryotherapy.
How does Cryotherapy induce better sleeping pattern?
- Environmental alteration – The moment your body is exposed to extreme cold temperature, it begins to constrict the muscles, in turn, enhances the blood flow and ensures that you get a better sleep. Not only does Cryotherapy work in curing sleep apnea but has been proven to be effective in increasing the quality and duration of sleep.
- Norepinephrine – The intense sensation of cold will trigger your body to release norepinephrine almost 5 times more. It acts as a mild sedative to relax you to get better sleep at night. It gives a sensation similar to a cup of coffee. It has massive effects on your energy, motivation, focus and sleep patterns. The natural hormone is associated with neutralising depression and giving a positive feeling.
- Brown fat – About 20 sessions of Cryotherapy can increase the amount of mitochondria in your body by 38%. Mitochondria refer to dense fat because it is rich in iron. The brown coloured fat is a powerhouse of energy and such energy is consumed during emergency situations. So continued intermittent exposure to cold like Cryotherapy will not only continue to increase brown fat, but will also activate it, and may increase resting caloric burn.
How will Cryotherapy help in sleep improvement?
Exposing your body to extremely cold temperatures in Cryotherapy will make you less restless while you sleep at night. A single session takes 3 minutes to complete and the process begins to give results after 10 – 20 sessions. Generally, it takes around 3 months to feel and see the positive results. For those suffering from regular bouts of insomnia or irregular sleeping patterns, whole body cryotherapy has shown to successfully treat a number of sleep disorders.
How to magnify the effects of Cryotherapy?
The best aspect of Cryotherapy is that it is a totally natural way to relax and put your body and mind at ease for better sleep quality. Do these simple lifestyle changes to improve your sleep:
- Stay away from coffee or caffeinated drink after 5 p.m.
- Relax your mind
- Switch off digital devices while in bed
- No food intake after 6 pm
Cryotherapy will extend its benefits to your body not only at night but during the day as well. In the daytime it will give you a boost of energy and at night time will allow you to have a restful sleep.
While it is great to know that Cryotherapy is available when you have an injury or you worked out too hard, you don’t need an excuse to have regular cryotherapy sessions. By scheduling regular whole body cryotherapy appointments, you can improve your sleeping patterns and expect to wake up feeling rested and energized.