Launch a website and you will surely see an increase in leads provided you have proper online promotion tactics strategy in place. You could start with an ecommerce site right from the start. You could have a plain website based on PHP framework and then upgrade it to an ecommerce with the help of specialists in ecommerce development Melbourne based. When you do, keep an eye on ROIs and make sure it is an all-inclusive ecommerce site.
PHP the way to go
Setting up an ecommerce site is always expensive but you can reduce costs somewhat by opting for open source and free PHP for your ecommerce website by experts in PHP ecommerce development Melbourne. Do it right from the start with PHP as the platform and you have several benefits:
- It is easy to integrate Magento or similar ecommerce platforms since they are PHP based
- You can have mobile-friendly ecommerce website
- There is plenty of interactivity when PHP is used as a platform
- You get a Content Management System, which is important for you to keep your ecommerce site freshly updated each day.
- You have shopping cart, orders and payment gateway integrated into your site along with analytics and reports. You have full control over inventory and keep your pages updated with products shown as being in stock or sold out.
- PHP sites run on almost all platforms, servers and web browsers with ease.
Ecommerce site marketing
When you look at the market of ecommerce web developers you have two types. One type purely focuses on development. You can get good sites developed and even deployed but that is where their responsibility ends. It is up to you to promote your business online or engage someone else to do the SEO bit. Then there are ecommerce development Melbourne specialists who go a step further. They develop your site and back it up with complete digital marketing services. This is what you should choose. Why should you choose integrated web development and marketing?
- Your site is SEO optimized right from the start. People find it in searches and you get higher footfalls.
- Your site features conversion rate optimization. You get precise statistics about visitors and conversion. Further, the strategy helps reduce visitor churn or cart abandonment as usually happens and helps to convert maximum visitors to buyers. Then the site incorporates facilities like cross-selling and up selling which translate to more revenues.
- You get support from the site developer who implements social media and PPC campaigns to jump start your online business.
This does involve considerable efforts and also some expense but then there are definite benefits to having your own ecommerce site and promoting it. You earn more profits or you can pass on benefits to buyers by way of reduced costs. In any case, it is better than going the easier route of joining an ecommerce marketplace.
Points to keep in mind
- It pays to consider all factors right before you even get the website developed. Your expert in ecommerce development Melbourne will point out all that your site must have for it to be popular and acceptable such as ease of use, shopping cart, search features, logistics and tracking, payment gateway, inventory management, customer relationship module and refunds.
- Do not think of adding features piecemeal.
- It does not help buyers if they have come all the way to the point of buying only to find there is no payment option and that they must phone or email you.
- Focus on all inclusive ecommerce site and you have a full-fledged ecosystem which is what buyers expect and must get.
- Engage at least one knowledgeable person to manage your commerce site with the CMS if you cannot handle it. In fact, hiring someone is a better idea. You can use your time to improve business and services.
Engaging the right developer-promoter
As stated above it is always advisable to engage a web developer who also specializes in digital online marketing strategies. Your site needs such support if you want traffic you can convert with ease. Without SEO and online marketing your site may languish or it may take years for you to get any worthwhile returns and returns is what count in business.
- Fresh developers may agree to set up a site at a lower cost. However, what you get is a half baked site full of bugs and glitches. This will drive away customers. By the time you make corrections many customers have gone and gone forever. Look at sites like Amazon where you rarely have a glitch whether it is searching for products, placing orders, making payments or tracking shipments or even returns and refunds.
- Talking of refunds and returns get this infrastructure set up well before your site goes live. People expect prompt action in refunds/returns as they do in shipment so you must have logistics in place. Your ecommerce site developer may have recommendations for you. If not you can always get quotes from logistic companies.
- Established PHP/ecommerce web developers are what you should look at. They have the experience and the expertise to get it right the first time. Plus, you have the benefit of continuity. You cannot just launch a site and then forget about updates or maintenance. You will want the developer by your side to do whatever is necessary in future and at regular intervals if the site crashes. Anything can happen and it is good to have support when you need it most. When you operate an ecommerce site you cannot afford to have it down for any length of time.
Platinum Website Design believes that each business must have an online presence. Plain websites are of little use. The conversion process becomes long. The company recommends that businesses must have an ecommerce site to speed up conversion and increase conversions with the right back up strategies leading to maximum returns on investment. If you have any query feel free to contact us now!