Coffee is being liked by all over the world and millions of people are buying coffee online every day. Coffee beans may seem the same with its look or structure. But, there are several types of coffee beans, harvested and grown in the different region of the world, which gives a unique flavour and taste.
Let’s see some of the most popular Coffee beans in the world.
One of the greatest producers of Arabica beans is Ethiopia, and it is playing a pivotal role in Ethiopia’s economy. It is also known as Arabian coffee. Arabica, soft taste with a little essence of bitterness, slightly acidic in nature, and a pinch of chocolate, nuts and caramel, gives a unique taste of coffee. Although, it grows at the highest altitudes, which creates difficulty for farmers and obviously increases the cost. Limu, Sidamo, Harar and Yirgacheffe beans are the varieties of Arabica coffee beans. Arabica coffee beans come from Coffee Arabica plant. It grows in the humid climate, and a little shady area or simply we can say a subtropical area.
- Arabica coffee is produced in the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Here are some of the facts about Arabica beans.
- It contains less caffeine
- Its flavour is more acidic
- The higher amount of sugar
- More expensive than robusta
Robusta is mostly produced by Vietnam. It grows from the plant named Coffea Canephora. It occupies the second place among the most popular coffee, after Arabica coffee. It tastes little bitter, grain-type-flavour, strong and harsh in taste as it contains twice the amount of caffeine and is less sweet than Arabica.
- The producers of Robusta coffee beans are:
- Facts about Robusta beans
- It takes almost 2 years to produce the fruit.
- It contains twice the amount of caffeine.
- It tastes more bitter than other coffee, as it contains a high amount of caffeine.
- Although it took 2 years to produce fruit, its amount of fruits production is the highest.
# Jamaica Coffee
We are listing this because it the most expensive coffee we have today. It grows on the mountains of Jamaica. One of the best coffee, which gives excellent tastes and floral aroma. It is grown at the Blue Mountains of Jamaica. It tastes bitter, soft touch of sweetness and floral aroma. Little costly, but it never going to disappoint you. It grows at the highest altitudes of blue mountain. The cool and shiny weather of Jamaica gives another level of flavour.
- Facts about Jamaica Coffee
- Jamaica produces two types of coffee: Blue Mountain and High Mountain Coffee.
- Blue Mountain harvested the highest elevations of Blue Mountains.
- High Mountains Coffee beans harvested at the lowest elevations of Blue Mountains of Jamaica.
- Both taste excellent, Blue Mountain taste little smooth, sweet and little acidic. While High Mountain coffee has mild bitterness, chocolatey and smooth.
However, a list of popular coffee is yet not finished, we tried our best to introduce you to the most popular coffee. But, there are more such as Turkish Coffee, Irish coffee, and many more.
Luna Rosie is a diet specialist and has tasted almost all the types of coffee, working as a coffee taster at Jamaica Coffee Trading Co, a leading seller of certified Jamaican coffee, sourced from the Blue Mountains. Being a trusted provider of premium quality coffee in the UK and Australia, it lets customers to buy coffee online at highly friendly prices with 100% quality assurance.