Whenever this term crosses your head what are the things which you imagine?
Maybe a trending web design, responsive layout, multiple colour skin or extensive combination of header and footers.
Whatever thoughts may be in your mind, creating the foundation for future website requires a specific principle. It requires certain elements that would not only make it look appealing, but it would be better for every other individual that would use it.
And how exactly would that happen?
Well, only when there is a right placement of elements, combination of power colours, perfect size and maybe proportions. The right selection of designing elements tends to create perfect harmony which later tends to make sure that everything is at the right place.
Therefore, helping you with this task, we have brought you some of the best tips that would help the user in WordPress Theme Customization and to design WordPress themes according to the users that are there on the web.
Here are some tips and points!
WordPress Theme Development: What Should be Considered?
Website Owners would agree on the fact that there are different types of people that are there on the web, and everyone deserves equal and divided attention. Thus, to help all those users here are some of the ways.
- Keeping All the Age Groups in Mind
While you are designing WordPress Themes for your audience, keep in mind which age group of people you want to target the most. When you are clear on that part, you would be able to design the theme more precisely. The things which you can consider at this point may incorporate.
- Scaling and Size: Everything in life should have a balance. And when it comes down to constructing a theme, scaling and size play a very important role. Size is categorized as a physical dimension of the object and a scale is the relative size of the object that is in relation to the common standards. While targeting the audience, the user can take this factor into consideration. Suppose for the kids, bigger size templates would attract more, whereas if it in the preception of a corporate field. Data and content would be more alluring than a theme.
- Spacing: Believe it or not but the way you construct a distinction between the elements tends to affect the user behaviour a lot. White space is the term that is used by the website creator to make a place for the eye to have a rest. These white space can be found anywhere. In image and in between the text too.
- Proximity: The principle of contiguity in web design implies that relevant items should be visually arranged, which would later create limited clutter and offers a layout more planned and organized. This would become a bigger hit in the bigger age group audience that judge a website based on professionalism and cleanliness. Thus, if you see an item that does not link to each other, they should be put additional apart to maintain that they are entirely distinct. The right method of proximity impacts user activity and the overall benefit of a website.
- For the Technically Driven and Non-Technically Centric Users
So before you hire WordPress developer here is what you should know. You construct a WordPress Theme for the audience out there, keep in mind that there are different types of people on the web. Thus, for all these people the owner needs to consider a lot of things.
- The rule of the Three Grids: The designers tend to utilize this rule to improve the overall balance of the composition. Following the rule of three grids tends to construct classic grids that help the user to find out where it is best to place the design elements. In short, the canvas should be divided into three equal horizontal and vertical section that would construct a roadmap and help in placing the object. Three vertical and three horizontal lines manage to construct 9 different sections, so the user has the tendency to conceptually divide the page into many sections to construct a more effective design and composition.
- Equal Elements on Both Sides: There are a group of elements that tends to contain an equal number of elements on both the sides and thus it tends to make more attention to the user and thus enables a better focus on the main element. If the user would frame the object with an equal number of surroundings then it tends to become more alluring and eye-pleasing to the customers. In other words, it is known as the rule of odds.
- Should be Responsive in Nature
There is no single instance when we are not gauging on our phones or tablets, thus having a responsive theme is what every user desire for. We all know that the audience out there is well educated on the fact that what a splendid looking responsive website operates like and how it tends to adapt to multiple screen sizes and the resolutions. Keep in mind that half baked responsive website does not go very far. Thus, keep in mind that having a responsive theme would not only bring more audience but would really help you with your tasks.
While you are constructing responsive designs of the other devices make sure that there is no repetition in the device.
By repetition, we mean that the user cannot reuse similar elements throughout the design and fonts. In other words, they need to make constant changes in the menu items and on the web page. And even if you want to use the same elements, repetition should be utilized to keep an eye familiar with the design’s elements.
- Design for the Differently Abled
According to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), there are certain standards that every theme or the website needs to follow. Thus, it is a practice that tends to make sure that every individual that is on the web tends to enjoy the facilities and features.
- Font and Typography: When you are constructing a theme for the differently-abled make sure that the text that you are inputting is readable and legit. Font and typography tend to develop a hierarchy in the data and the information. This is termed as highlighting up of the titles or maybe the subtitles. This allows the readers to be attentive as well as underline the importance.
- Colour and Contrast: You would agree on the part that constructing design is impossible without the pinch of colours. If a website owner has a group of elements that is similar in size, the colour is going to help to highlight the elements and change in dimensions. Colour contrast is one such element that would help the user to keep the viewer interested. Some of the advantages that are seen with these factors are making the CTA buttons stand out, contrasting between text and background, improving the accessibility of the website.
- Alignment: This is one of the most important things when it comes to designing up a theme for the differently-abled. This is because it tends to create an association between the elements and a relation between the objects. These elements then help to work on paragraphs of text, buttons, images, links, photos and many such things.
In the Nutshell
Here it is. These are the most defined and possible scenarios that would be needed to create theme and for WordPress Customization. We hope that this article has enlightened and given you a basic idea.
If the users have any doubts regarding this topic then they can write their thoughts on the comment section below. Our WordPress experts would solve it and provide the necessary aid.