When was the last time when you travelled with a bundle of cash? Still thinking then definitely, it would have been long back. Now with a simple plastic card all your worries come to end. Whenever & whatever you need cash just swipe in. Gone are those days also when a cashier sitting behind cash counter will count 5 times before handing over the money to you.
Now we have ATM’s abbreviated form of Automated Teller Machine through which you can withdraw cash, check account balance or get account information anytime. As convenient the system is, faces threat from various corners.
How to Ensure Safety
You would have come across news about incidents where the culprits not only try to loot the ATM cash even take the entire ATM Machine with the money, another method, through gas explosive method where the entire vault is opened. Even robbers make forced entry in ATM and get away with the cash either by controlling the security or by threatening the user inside the ATM premise.
These incidents make us feel that ATM security services is need of the hour ultimately it’s our money which is in danger. Here are few tips to ensure security of ATM machines.
1. Fully equipped armed security should be enabled at the ATM place with a panic alarm button in case the security personnel sense any danger. The firearms provided to the security should be modern so that in case of attack he can take immediate action.
2. The security at ATM’s should be strengthened to ensure safety of money.
3. CCTV Cameras should be placed in such a way that it’s not accessible and easily approachable by antisocial elements, so that nobody should be able to damage the camera.
4. In case of any tampering with the ATM Machine, there should be detection system and auto lock system which should get enabled in the machine as soon something unusual happens. This will avoid cases where additional skimmers are inserted by the culprits wherein entire debit card details and PIN number gets recorded.
5. ATM’s also face danger from hackers, to protect against them the machine should have in-built firewall so that once malicious attempt is detected the machine should get locked.
6. Authorised personnel should only be allowed to operate the CCTV Camera and machine through secured modes say password, bar code system etc.
7. In the ATM Machine operating zone convex mirrors should be provided near the display so that the person can see the movements behind.
There are many agencies which provide client based ATM security services solutions like in case of keyboard overlay, tampering with Pinpad, any additional attachment on the machine and the skimming devices.
Usually the information about the card in ATM machine is encrypted, software security options can detect in case of hard disk data encryption, Access detection etc. With the passing time, the security threats will be increasing at the same time the alternate solution will also be developed to reduce the associated risk.
Author Bio: Gauri Satpute is good blogger and has written many blogs on security services which include ATM security services. His blogs provide very good information of security services.