Account Based Marketing is most effective for sending right messages to the right customer at the right time. It’s a strategy where your marketing messaging is based on specific attributes with focus on personalized content which is relevant to your target industry. Instead of hitting mass leads, with ABM you will only focus on targeted accounts that are the best possible fit for your solutions.
ABM has a very simple ideology of connecting marketers with their audiences helping them deliver effective campaigns to improve businesses.
ABM advancements in 2018:
- More Personalization and More Data – to engage with your customers you need data. According to SiriusDecisions, “84% of B2B marketers believe ABM provides significant benefits for retaining and expanding current relationships.” Data can be gathered from various sources like previous marketing campaigns, events, etc. Investing in right ways of reaching out to your TAM (Total Addressable Market) will help you in generating more opportunities.
- Greater Alignment in Marketing and Sales – “As marketers build and expand their ABM strategies to target specific accounts with personalized experiences, having a deep understanding of those accounts is essential. Thus, this year, I predict B2B marketers will begin collaborating closely with their sales teams to create a complete picture of their accounts”, says Andy Zimmerman, CMO, Evergage. The thin line between marketing and sales will fade away as marketers will track accounts and build data accordingly. With such information, marketers will be able to provide sales with information like areas of interest of their target accounts. This will help sales to optimize their strategies and conversations. When marketing and sales teams share data, insights, and goals they will be able to close deals faster.
- Technology advancements in ABM – With AI technology marketers will now be able to structure their contact data and deliver relevant information about their customer preferences, current engagements like what they read about and what are they looking out for. With such insights, it will become easy to send targeted campaigns. AI is generating opportunities for marketers to be more innovative in their efforts of saving their time and allowing a higher level of connection with their prospects. In today’s world, identifying unique needs and creating 1:1 messages for every stage of your customer’s journey is important. With analytics, customer insights will become more accurate and detailed. Many marketing tools will move towards cross-platform integration to bring together common denominators like account management, orchestration etc. These integrated tools will help marketers get a complete view of their target accounts across a broad array of touchpoints, leading to in-depth customer insights.
To sum up, remember;
- ABM is all about knowing your target audience.
- In future, there will be more of AI to determine customer patterns and suggestive actions on insights. In addition, sales and marketing will collaborate more to make ABM more successful.
- Technology will play a greater role in ABM programs.
- ABM will see an increased adoption and will become dominant B2B demand creation strategy.