This article is going to highlight what interesting features Magento 2 is offering to build an online store. Also, how Magento 2 can make your online business presence stronger.
Since the time of its launch in 2015, Magento 2 is becoming immensely popular in the eCommerce web development industry. Building a feature-rich online store with a little effort has become possible with this eCommerce development platform. Also, with a variety of Magento extensions, you can make the online store in the way you want. According to a recently made market survey by BuiltWith, worldwide more than 20,560 websites are using this Magento 2 platform. Let’s check out the reasons behind its worldwide popularity.
Improved Scalability and Performance
- Increases the response times of the server for all the website activities
- Optimises all the web pages for faster delivery
- Boosts the database scalability and flexibility to manage the peak loads
- Enhances the efficiency of all the backend operations
As a result of the aforementioned actions, Magento 2 is able to do the following.
- For catalogue browsing, it delivers almost instant server response times.
- It can process almost 39% orders or more in an hour.
- It loads 30% to almost 50% faster than the Magento 1.
- You can create test scripts for performance using the performance toolkit offered by it.
- The end-to-end checkout time is almost 51% faster using Magento 2.
- It offers almost 66% faster add to cart server response times.
Statistics show that today, almost 62% of internet users make purchases through their smartphones. Hence, following this trend, if you do not make your online store mobile-friendly, you will lag behind your competitors.
Magento 2 not only offers a responsive design theme but also offers a mobile-friendly checkout. Also, you will be able to devise mobile-friendly apps that will ensure enhanced conversion rate. Additionally, the admin panel offered by this platform is touch-screen friendly. Irrespective of the device and resolution that a user is using, the store built on Magento 2 looks impressive.
Advanced Checkout Process
If you follow the statistics on online shopping cart abandonment rate, you will find that most of the time, users abandon their carts on the checkout page. Why? Here are some of the reasons.
- Few shipping options
- Very slow checkout process
- Few payment options
- To view products with details, users are asked to create an account!
A research made by the Batmard Institute reflects the fact that the conversion rate can be increased by almost 35.36% with a improved checkout process. Now, Magento 2 can be the solution to this issue as it offers only a 2-step checkout process instead of the long 6-step checkout process offered by the Magento 1.
Magento 2 not only makes the entire process simpler but makes sure to enhance the customer experience as well. Another added advantage is the dynamic shipping rate depending on the postcode and country. Also, the payment method integration is easier in this latest version of Magento. Moreover, the order summary will give you detailed shipping information.
When the customers are at the control of the checkout process, they will like it and Magento 2 makes this possible.
Automated Email Marketing
This is one of the latest features offered by the Magento version 2.2. In just a few minutes, merchants can create automated campaigns through email, Push, SMS along with other channels and can easily manage all the transactional emails for the Magento-built store. The Dotmailer’s toolset is extremely easy-to-use. More interestingly, you can test it out by simply signing up for the free trial of 14-day.
The aforementioned points were some of the basic benefits of using Magento 2. However, using it, you will be able to
- Offer your customers the facilities of instant purchase
- Get access to a plenty of feature-rich Magento extensions
- Upgrade your store to Magento 2 easily
- Make advanced reporting and many more.
So, are you ready to get started with Magento 2? Contact a trusted web development partner and get started!
Jonathan Paul is a veteran Magento expert of PHPProgrammers, a popular Magento development company in Australia that houses the best Magento developers in Sydney. He has been serving in the field of eCommerce web development in Sydney for years and presently leading a team of skilled and professional Magento developers in Australia. For any kind of Magento related help and Magento services, contact the team!