All the Indian households have a prayer room at their homes. Since the pooja room is where we can connect and communicate with God and hence, it is the most integral part of our homes. The sweet aroma of incense sticks, calming light of Diya, and subtle fragrance of flowers around the God idols make the room a perfect gateway to spirituality. All the spiritual practices like devotional songs, chants, and prayers are all performed here.
As the creator of the whole universe, his place at our home is of utmost importance. Worshipping is the most sacred act that gives us the strength to fight all odds. Therefore, facilitating a peaceful place for God’s devotion will lead you to prosperity.
Mandir for home is the place, which radiates positivity in the whole house. God’s blessings are invoked upon the entire home when we pray at our pooja room. It helps to create a conducive atmosphere for worshipping meditation and performing other spiritual activities.
Spending time in front of the pooja mandir in the presence of God pervades sacred and positive vibrations in the entire house. Sitting at a pooja room withdraws all the negativity, sadness, and worries.
Benefits of a Pooja Room
- Having a mandir for home generates harmonious vibrations and leads us to God-realization. It creates a sense of belongingness within the family and also for the home.
- It purifies your heart as well as emotions. It also makes your mind steady. This steady and pure attitude brings positivity within the house.
- Worshipping in front of the pooja mandir fill-up our house with purity helping us to spread divine energy in our house.
- It revamps our mental state to eliminate Rajas (desires) and Tamas (evil thoughts) and makes space for sattva (purity).
- Praying early in the morning in the pooja mandir brings contentment of the soul. It gives you the strength to face any challenges that come your way.
- A pooja room is where the entire family unites to perform the spiritual activity, take part in poojas, and rituals. It is the only place where we are less attentive towards our smartphones and more involved with each other as well as the supreme power.
- A pooja room becomes your go-to place when you are facing a problem in life or you are sad. Disturbances in life create a lot of confusion and anxiety. Praying at the pooja mandir helps us calm ourselves down and find balance in life.
- With mediums that enable excessive communication, we experience negativity. Faith is a way out of this despair. Praying at the pooja room activates our inner peace and gives us the strength to fight it. If we are positive our homes will also be positive.
Why God Idols Are Placed in the Pooja Room
Initially, in the Vedic times performing Home, offering sanctified liquid or grains in the sacred fire was in practice. As per the text in the post-Vedic period, man’s mindset changed and therefore, the guru had to introduce a new form of practice i.e. offering prayers to an idol, which represents God. This ritual has now become symbolic to worship.
Idol is Sanskrit is known as viagram that breaks into “vi” (=removes) and “graham(m)” (planets): that which removes the ill effects of the planets. Many of the spiritual gurus think that an idol is an emblem, symbol, or mage of the God that helps the devotees gather concentration to pray with full faith and purity.
Why Performing Pooja at Home is Fundamental Practice
Every Hindhu home has a personal shrine at their houses where everyone gathers daily to perform a pooja. Particularly performing pooja included lighting the Diya, offering food, flowers, and water to God. This followed by singing devotional songs, chants, and shlokas.
It is essential to perform pooja every day as it keeps the vibrations of your home satisfied, pure, and positive. It cleanses the negativity and helps you overcome any challenges. Starting your day by praying means that you are starting your day on a good note as well as gratitude. Showing gratitude to God is rewarded with prosperity and happiness in life. Thus, Hinduism highly emphasises on performing pooja and building a mandir for home.
If you want to give a beautifully crafted and perfect aura to your pooja room, you can always go for wooden pooja mandirs. It gives your pooja mandir a royal look plus it is a very sturdy and affordable option.
You can get the best customised hand-crafted wooden pooja mandirs at Darsh Home Decor, MA Enterprise. They deliver the products at your doorstep across the globe.