The market for patient positioning systems in the United States is expected to reach US$ 324.8 million by the end of 2032. According to Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence company, the market grew at a 2.8% CAGR during the historic period (2017-2021) and is expected to develop at a faster 4.3% CAGR during the forecast years (2022-2032).
In the United States, augmented reality-based patient location systems for radiation monitoring are gaining popularity. These systems provide for set-up guidance and accommodate to patients’ non-rigid deformations, and they employ video cameras to capture views of linear accelerators and the presentation of live pictures for therapy purposes.
Furthermore, research conducted to assess the accuracy of patient positioning systems in radiotherapy reveals that positioning mistakes are equivalent to those seen with conventional-line-based positioning systems. Because of the rising number of cancer patients, the need for radiation has surged in recent years. As a result, patient location systems based on augmented reality are likely to find increased applicability in order to provide precise radiotherapy by visually superimposing computer-generated pictures.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The patient positioning system in the United States is valued at US$ 212.2 million and is slated to expand at a CAGR of 4.3% over the assessment period (2022-2032).
- The market witnessed a historic CAGR of 2.8% during the years of 2017-2021.
- Patient positioning tables dominate with 22.4% market share and the segment is projected to expand at 5.2% CAGR through 2032.
- Surgeries rule the market with the largest market share of 32.4% as compared to disease diagnosis and cancer therapies that hold 27.6% and 22.3% market share, respectively.
- Under end-user segment, hospitals account for 31.9% market share and are projected to rise at 4.5% CAGR.
- West U.S. dominates the market with 28.4% share.
- West U.S. and South-West U.S. together account for 52.9% market share in the United States.
“Augmented application of patient positioning systems at hospitals, developments and advancements in products, and rise in geriatric population are factors expected to drive market growth in the United States over the coming years”, says a Fact.MR analyst.
Rising R&D investments by patient positioning system manufacturers, together with rising need for improved healthcare infrastructure, are expected to boost market growth potential in the United States.
The industry is also likely to profit from government and healthcare institution improvement initiatives across the United States.
More Valuable Insights on Offer
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the US patient positioning system market, presenting historical market data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study reveals essential insights by product (patient positioning tables, surgical tables, radiolucent imaging tables, examination tables, patient positioning accessories, other patient positioning systems), application (surgeries, disease diagnosis & imaging, cancer therapy, others), and end user (hospitals, ambulatory surgical centres, diagnostic centres, others), across major regions of the United States (West U.S., South-West U.S., Mid-West U.S., North-East U.S., and South-East U.S.).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Healthcare Division
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned healthcare team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs.
With a repertoire of over a thousand reports and 1 Million-plus data points, the team has analysed the healthcare division across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.