Architecture Courses are the most popular course among the students. This course is provided by several reputed colleges in India. Through architecture discipline, you will learn how to design a structural environment. The aforementioned course is an art, a technology and a business which includes the area of activity in designing any kind of structural system. Architecture courses help you to know the science and art of building. The study covers such topics on how buildings are built, designed, and planned.
Eligibility Criteria for Architecture Course
For Undergraduate Courses:
- For pursuing a bachelor degree in architecture discipline, students should have passed 10+2 with science stream.
- They should have secured at least 55% marks in their 12th.
- 12th passed students should qualify any of the entrance examinations like All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or the National Aptitude Test (NAT) in Architecture conducted by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture (NIAS).
For Postgraduate Courses:
- If students are curious to take admission in PG courses in architecture discipline, then they must possess a bachelor degree with at least 50% marks.
- The degree should from a respected educational university in India.
- Students should have a valid rank in entrance exams which are conducted by several colleges/universities. It is mandatory for the applicants to get admission in the course.
There is the same admission procedure for securing admission in UG and PG architecture course. Many reputed institutes grant the admission based on the merit list. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level board examination. After the counselling process, seats are allotted to meritorious aspirants.
List of Undergraduate Architecture course
- Bachelor of Architecture in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Architecture in Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Technology
- B.Plan Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Architecture in Architecture and Regional Planning
- Bachelor of Architecture in Building and Construction Management
List of Masters Courses in Architecture:-
- Master of Architecture in Architectural Conservation
- Master in Architecture in Architectural Design
- Master of Architecture in Building Construction and Management
- Master of Architecture in Computer Applications
- Executive Master of Architecture Advanced Design
- M.Arch.(Master of Architecture)
- Master of Architecture in Advanced Design
- M.Arch. (Architectural and Settlement Conservation)
PhD Courses in Architecture:
- PhD (Building Engineering and Management): Doctor of Philosophy in Building Engineering and Management
- PhD (Environmental Planning): Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Planning
- PhD (Architectural Conservation): Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Conservation
- PhD (Architecture): Doctor of Philosophy in Architecture
- PhD (Housing): Doctor of Philosophy in Housing
- PhD (Industrial Design): Masters of Philosophy in Industrial Design
Architecture is a wide field where graduates can catch ample of job opportunities after completion of the course. There are many types of government and private sectors jobs available. Candidates can choose any job area according to their interest and qualification. Some of the most common job areas are like Public Works Department (PWD), Department of Railways, Post and Telegraph, National Building Organization, Town and Country Planning Corporation, National Institutes of Urban Affairs, Housing and Urban Development Corporations. Candidates can also get opportunities in architecture and building development firms or private construction organizations.
The architectural course is a study of Art and Science of building. This course is available at UG, PG, PhD and Diploma level. You can also get architectural knowledge through certificate programs or short term program. Here all the details are available relevant to the aforementioned course. Stay tuned…..!!!