Who wants to spend time in a live room that feels cluttered and suffocating? But there is a difference between cluttered and well-curated home decor. You can make it look bigger by simple styling and designer strategies.
Ten design ideas for small living room
Apkainterior.com is here with ten design ideas that will make your space look bigger-
- High Ceilings: The living room will look bigger if you use ceiling-high curtains. They elongate the room and give a clean-line finish to the furniture. It also makes a room look less full. You can also use glossy paints to give a mirrored effect to the ceiling, making the space feel larger. Also, add more glam.
- Make it Inviting: Use an ottoman, keep seating close, use multiuse furniture, beautiful planters and neutral-tone rugs. You can add colourful artwork to the walls. It will give a cosy and inviting vibe.
- Do not Section: You want to utilise an unused corner when you have an unused corner. Do not make the sections in the room. Sometimes, less is more, especially in the small living room. You can also use a corner seating arrangement for a small living room.
- Be Creative: For a quirky seating arrangement, take two small white stools for a softer and cohesive look, piled up cushions on the sofa. You can also hang a swing for a more personalised look. You can upcycle trunk stands for coffee table. It will also provide extra storage space.
- Use Rugs: You can use different rugs to separate zones. It is the best strategy for studio apartments. Now you can set different kinds of required furniture such single sofa and coffee table on one rug. Chest of drawers on another rug. Remember not to make it crowded and use room appropriate sized furniture. Or you can choose a large rug with bold patterns.
- Smart lights: Choose smart, and hanging lights hung over walls. It will save room space and also bring dimensions to the walls.
- Bring in the light: You can also take advantage of natural lights by using sheer curtains and lighter shades in the room. It will also give a fresh vibe to the decor by making it airy and bright.
- Build-in shelves: While renovating the space, build-in extra shelves for storage. It will save room space and make it look bigger.
- Experiment with Scale: You can add a big statement piece to create contrast. But then other decor pieces in a well-curated manner won’t look crowded. Like if you are hanging a big buddha painting, don’t use other wall decorations.
- Display Artwork Smartly: Choose the artwork that trick your eyes and accentuate the room height. A gallery wall seems crowded for a small living room, but extending it to the ceiling will give an illusion of ample space.
Choose strategic furniture to accentuate room height and minimalistic decor to make the living room look bigger. Buy home decor online at Apkainterior.com.