Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari launched Sukhad Yatra App and Toll-free Emergency number for Highway commuters. The GPS-powered Sukhad Yatra app – designed and developed by ComVision (India) Pvt. Ltd. –will provide location-specific information on domestic and national highways in India, which includes location of Toll plazas nearest to the user’s location and their tariffs, the cost of travelling between two plazas or stations in nearby area, travel discounts, and public facilities among others.
Ministry Of Road and Transport has also launched a new toll-free number, 1033 along with the Sukhad Yatra mobile app. The toll-free number will enable users to report an emergency issue, or highway-related feedback, across the highway. The public-friendly app developed by National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is a strong step towards the safety of the highway commuters.
Features of Sukhad Yatra Mobile App launched by Ministry of Road &Transport and NHAI:
Sukhad Yatra app is available both on ios and google play store and is free to download.
Features displays on the home page of the App are:
- Nearby Toll plaza: Sukhad Yatra App can track the location of the commuters and show them all toll plaza within 100km of the location. It also shows the real-time data of plaza by informing about the waiting time at the toll plaza.
- Toll Plaza Enroute: If commuters want to check about toll plaza which yet to pass during the journey, this option will show the enroute toll plaza. The commuters have to mention the starting and ending point of the journey. The commuters also can specify their route by adding via the route.
- Buy FASTag: High users can buy their FASTag using this App; they can recharge the tag from here.
- Know your Highway: Before hitting the highway know the present condition of the highways. The App will give the information about – road safety, accidents, potholes, public facilities, and condition of the roads, blockage due to construction issues or any other maintenance issues.
- Report an issue: Under the option Report issues, commuters can raise the complaint about the different issues which they faced during the journey. The complaints can include – about FastTag facility/Lane, against Toll Plaza management, Potholes and other maintenance issues, the Poor workmanship of construction, Safety hazard during road construction along highways across India.
- Report Summary: Sukhad Yatra APP has given authority to the commuters to track the complaints that have been raised. This option shows the summary of the reported issues whether they are resolved or pending or rejected.
- Nearby: – Locating Point of Interests (POI) including restaurants, petrol pumps on highways, restroom, hospitals etc
- Rate us: Commuters can share their feedback here and can rate the service of the National Highway Authority of India.
National Highways Authority of India launched an application called Sukhad Yatra to enhance the commuter experience through safety, transparency, and comfort. With assistance from ComVision India Pvt. Ltd., it developed a digital travel assistant that can be used on national and domestic highways. The initiative empowers the commuters to share their experience and help the road ministry to improve public services on national highways. The public-friendly app developed by National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is a strong step towards the safety of the highway commuters.
#NHAI #FASTagTollPlaza #ElectronicTollCollection