Chief General Manager of the NHAI’s Highway Operations & IT division, Akhilesh Srivastava, is spearheading the modernization of highway sector by integrating Information Technology. The CGM of NHAI is the official behind various government projects that require the large-scale integration of various fields including Engineering, Law, Contract Management, and Operational Management and recently honoured with the CIDC Vishwakarma Lifetime Achievement Award for Public Officer (under Code C) at the 10th edition of the ceremony.
Having graduated summa cum laude in BTech, MTech, MBA, LLB, MIS, FIE, and FIV, Srivastava laid several High-Power Committees (HPCs) constituted by the Government of India. The following are the achievements of Akhilesh Srivastava in IT and Highway operations.
- Design and implementation of e-tendering for the Ministry of Defence throughout India.
- Development of Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) as a part of the Digital India initiative to promote cyber Arbitration and Conciliation.
- Design and construction of the NHAI’s Wayside Amenities megaproject (ongoing).
- Conversion of manual Toll payments into Electronic Toll Collection lanes using FASTag services and RFID technology.
- Introduction of Intelligent Transport System (ITS) for the smart use of highway networks.
- Won several accolades from national and international personalities for innovations in the highways sector.
- Incorporation of the Incident Management System (IMS) on Highways Network of India
- Introduction of LiDAR and industrial drones for getting the detailed project reports
- Introduction of the 24X7 National Highways Helpline – 1033 for commuters
Acknowledging the achievements of Akhilesh Srivastava, the Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC), on 7th March 2018, honoured him with Vishwakarma award for his outstanding work in the development of road infrastructure in the country.
Akhilesh Srivastava has dedicated over a decade of his life working for the improvisation of road infrastructure and to enhance commuter’s experience. Mr. Srivastava harnessed technology in his every project.
Srivastava introduced Web Radio, Wi-Fi connectivity, solar energy panels, green belts, and more for National Highways in the country. He even used technology (LiDAR) for getting the accurate project reports.
From modernizing the highways sector to digitalizing Toll payments, implementing an emergency incident management system, and bring ODR in the construction sector, Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava has religiously devoted his work in building the nation.
#NHAI #Akhilesh Srivastava #Vishwakarma Award